fear ischoose an optionn pn my life

2012年中考英语阅读理解练习题(附答案)
您现在的位置:&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&&>>&正文
2012年中考英语阅读理解练习题(附答案)
作者:佚名 资料来源:网络 点击数: &&&
2012年中考英语阅读理解练习题(附答案)
文章来源 莲山课件 w w w.5 Y Kj.Co M     2012年中考英语总复习:阅读理解阅读下列短文,然后从A、B、C、D四个选项中选出能回答所提问题或完成所给句子的最佳选项。&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& 阅读理解(1)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Ticket Prices for Shanghai Expo&&&&&&& Time
Types&Pre-sale(预售)ⅠMar. 27,2009~Jun. 30,2009&Pre-sale ⅡJul. 1,2009~Dec. 31,2009&Pre-sale ⅢJan. 1,2010~Apr. 30,2010&Expo Session(期间)May. 1,2010~Oct. 31,2010Peak Day Ticket(指定日门票)&¥170&¥180&¥190&¥200Standard Day Ticket(平日门票)&¥130&¥140&¥150&¥1603-Day Ticket&N/A(无)&¥4007-Day Ticket&&¥900Evening Ticket&N/A&¥90(&& )1.If Joe wanted to buy the cheapest ticket for Peak Day,he could book(预定)one during&&&&& .& &A.Pre - sale Ⅰ& &&B.Pre C sale Ⅱ&& &C.Pre C sale Ⅲ&&D.Expo Session(&& )2.On March 1,2010,Sue bought two Standard Day tickets for her parents. She paid&&&& for them.A.¥380&&& &&B.¥300&&& &&C.¥260 &&&D.¥180(&& )3.It cost Thomas ¥160 to get a ticket for Standard Day.He probably bought it on&&&&& .&&&&&& A.April 23,2009& B.August l,2009&& C.February 2,2010& D.May 20,2010(&& )4.Kathy spent 900 yuan on a ticket for Shanghai Expo.Her visit can last&&&&&& days.A.one&&& &&B.three&&& &&&C.seven &&&D.ten(&& )5.Visitors to Shanghai Expo could buy&&&&&&& tickets only after May 1,2010.A. morning&&& &B.afternoon&&& &&C.evening &&&D.midnight&B &&& On February 3rd,1949,New York Harbor(港)was an exciting place.Many people were there to greet a ship from France.On the ship were 49 French railroad boxcars(火车车厢)filled with gifts from the people of France to the people of America.These boxcars were from the famous Merci Train(Merci:a French word meaning “thank you”).After World War II(二战),a lot of factories,roads and farms in France had been destroyed.Many French people had no jobs or money and had little to wear and little to eat.In the winter of 1947,a train was sent across the United States,stopping in cities and towns along the way.At every stop,people gave whatever they could.Factories gave clothing and medicine.Farmers gave food.Families gave money.Even school children gave away their pocket money.All the things were then taken to France by ship.By 1949,the French had begun to recover(恢复)from the war.The Merci Train was their way of saying “thank you” to America.French people had filled the boxcars with gifts.Most of them were personal,like hand - made toys,children’s drawings,or postcards.But the boxcars themselves were perhaps the most meaningful of the gifts.On each car,the French people had painted the pictures of all their 40 provinces.with an American eagle on the front.The boxcars were taken to each state of America,where they were warmly greeted.Now many of the states still keep their boxcars.Gifts sent by the French people can still be seen in some museums.The Merci Train came out of the war,but it now reminds the world that countries can also work together in peace.(&& )6.Many people crowded at New York Harbor on February 3rd,1949 to&&&&&&&&& .&&& A.welcome the Merci Train&&& &&&&B.meet their families&&& C.have a big party &&&&&&D.start a trip by ship(&& )7.In 1947,a train stopped in cities across America in order to&&&&&&&&&& .&&& A.give away clothing and food&&& &&&B.get more soldiers for the warC.collect things to help French people &&D.show exhibitions from the museums(&& )8.The underlined word “them” in Paragraph 3 refers to(指)&&&&&&& .&&& A.the American people&B.the French people&C.the boxcars &&D.the gifts(&& )9.The French people painted their 40 provinces and an American eagle on each boxcar because&&& .A.they thought France was stronger than America&&&& B.it could show the friendship between the two countriesC.the boxcars would be more beautiful &D.they were very good at painting pictures(&& )10.The passage is mainly about&&&&&&&& .&&&&&& A.the story of the Merci Train&&&& B.American museums where the boxcars kept&&&&&& C.gifts that American people liked &&D.World War II&C ①The Dream It is everyone’s dream to work at home or not work at all.You can plan your own hours and work when you want to.There is no more rush hour and no hours that people waste when they get to and from a job every day.②The Fact The fact is that this dream can be attained.You can stay at home,work when you want to and make money when you need to.There are plenty of opportunities for you to make money at home,just by using your computer and the Internet.③Start Today! Educate yourself,look closely into all the opportunities and decide on what works best for you.It will not happen during one night,but you can make the decision today and start to make it happen today.④How Could You Do It? Do you have a blog(博客)or a personal website like millions of other people?& Are you using it to make money? Most of these blog and website owners are not.But you can do that!⑤&&&&&&&&& When you have your computer and the Internet working for you,your businesses will be working for you 24 hours a day,seven days a week.You will make money while you sleep,travel or do whatever you want to do all day long.⑥Get Going! There are many ways you can make money with your computer.And you can begin your Stay C at C home businesses with just a little money.What are you waiting for ?(&& )1l.In which part of a newspaper would you most probably read this passage?A.Sports&&& &&B.News&&& &&&C.Culture &&&D.Business(&& )12.What does the underlined word“attained”in Point ② mean ?A.Broken&&& &&B.Realized&&& &&C.Lost &&&D.Destroyed&(&& )13.What’s the best title for Point ⑤ ? &&&&&& A.Sleep 24 Hours a Day&&& &&&&B.Make Money Every Moment&&&&& C.Play All Day Long &&&&&&D.Travel Around the World&(&& )14.Which of the following is NOT TRUE according to the passage ?&&&&&& A.People need a lot of money to start a stay C at C home business.&&&&&& B.People can even use their blogs to make money.&&&&&& C.People can plan their own time when they work at home.D.People can make the best decision and start to make it happen today.&(&& )15.How is the passage organized ?A.By using famous people’s words.&&& &&B.By giving reasons only.C.By showing a topic and giving solutions &D.By telling old stories阅读理解(2)
&A &&&&&& Birthdays are celebrated(庆祝)all over the world. Some ways to celebrate birthdays are rather similar from county to country: candles, cakes, and birthday wishes. But there are also different ways to celebrate birthdays. Here are a few:
(&& )1. When someone is having a birthday in Denmark, you can see _____ outside the window. &&&&&& A.flowers&&B.presents&& C.a flag&&&& D.a chair(&& )2. In _________& flowers are put on the chair of the birthday child. &&&&&& A.Japan&&&B.Denmark&& C.India&&&& D.Holland(&& )3. In _______, only birthday children wear colored clothes to school. &&&&& A.India&&&B.Holland&& C.Denmark&&&& D.Japan(&& )4. In Japan, the birthday is more important for boys when they are ________. &&&&& A.15&&&B.7&&& C.5&&&&& D.3(&& )5. The passage is mainly about __________. &&&&&& A.similar ways of celebrating birthdays in some countriesB.different ways of celebrating birthdays in some countries C.children’s birthdays in western countriesD.the importance of children’s birthdays&B The weather is getting hotter. You are thirsty playing basketball or riding home from school. A cold drink may& be just the thing. But be careful what you are drinking. Something that looks cool may not be good for your health. There are plenty of "energy drinks" on the market. Most of them have beautiful colors and cool names. The lists on them tell you they are helpful to your health. Sounds great!&& But after a careful check you may find that most energy drinks have lots of caffeine (咖啡因) in them. These drinks are especially aimed at young people, students, busy people and sports players. Makers sometimes say their drinks make you better at sports and can keep you awake. But be careful not to drink too much.Caffeine makes your heart beat fast. Because of this, the International Olympic Committee has limited( 限制) its use. Caffeine in most energy drinks is at least as strong as that in a cup of coffee or tea. Possible health dangers have something to do with energy drinks. Just one box of energy drink can make you nervous, have difficulty sleeping and can even cause heart problems. Scientists say that teenagers should be discouraged from taking drinks with a lot of caffeine in them.(&& )6. Many people like drinking energy drinks because of the following EXCEPT that ________. A. they have beautiful colors and cool names B. they have lots of caffeineC. they can keep them awake and better at sports D. they are said to be helpful to health(&& )7. The main reason for people not to drink too much energy drinks is that they may cause _____.A. heart problems&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. nervousness&& C. sleeping difficulty&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. possible health dangers(&& )8. The underlined word "discouraged" can be replaced(替换) with "________".A. encouraged &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. stoppedC. helped &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. disliked(&& )9. From the passage we can know that _________.A. advertisements are important in getting people to buy energy drinksB. energy drinks are helpful to teenagers' studyC. sports players need to drink a lot of energy drinksD. energy drinks are especially aimed at teenagers(&& )10. Which of the following can be the best title(标题) of the passage?A. What's the Use of Energy Drinks?&&& B. Who Can Drink Energy DrinksC. What's That in Energy Drinks?&&&&&& D. Why Can't We Buy Energy Drinks?&C As a child, I was really afraid of the dark and of getting lost. These fears were very real and caused me some uncomfortable moments.Maybe it was the strange way things looked and sounded in my own room at night that scared me so much. There was never complete darkness, but always a streetlight or passing car lights, which made clothes on the back of a chair take on the shape of a wild animal. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the curtains(窗帘) seem to move when there was no wind. A very low sound in the floor would seem a hundred times louder than in the day. My imagination (想象) would run wild, and my heart would beat fast. I would lie very still so that the "enemy(敌人) " would not discover me.Another of my childhood fears was that I would get lost, especially on the way home from school. Every morning I got on the school bus right near my home. That was no problem. After school, though, when all the buses were lined up along the street, I was afraid that I would get in the wrong one and be taken to some other strange places. On school or family trips to a park or a museum, I wouldn't let the leaders out of my sight.Perhaps one of the worst fears of all I had as a child was that of not being liked or accepted by others. Being popular was so important to me then, and the fear of not being liked was a serious one.One of the processes(过程) growing up is being able to realize and overcome our fears. Understanding the things that scared us as children helps us achieve greater success later in life.(&& )11. The author had _________kind(s) of fears when she was a child.A. one &&&B. two &&&C. three &&&D. none(&& )12. _________ would scare the author at night.A. Streetlight and car lights&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Wild animals and enemiesC. Moving curtains and wind &&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Strange sights and sounds(&& )13. When she went to some other places, she would _________.A. walk away without others &&&& B. take a bus by herselfC. follow others closely &&&&&&& D. make sure not to take a wrong bus(&& )14. Which of the following would be possibly true when she was a child?A. She was usually popular among people.& B. She was always the leader of the others.C. She always' got poor grades.& D. She was not at all liked by others.(&& )15. The underlined word "overcome" means "_________" in Chinese.A. 接受&&&&& B. 忍受&&&C. 信服&&&& D. 克服阅读理解(3)
&A Sixteen years ago a boy gave me an important gift. It was a smile. &&& It was the early autumn of my first year at a middle school, and my old school was far away. As a result, no one knew who I was. I was very lonely, and afraid to speak to anyone. Every time I heard the other students talking and laughing, I felt my heart break. I couldn’t talk with anyone about my problems. &&& Then one day, when my classmates were talking happily with their friends, I was sitting at my desk unhappily as usual. At that moment, a boy entered the classroom. I didn’t know who he was. He passed by me and then turned back. He looked at me, with a smile. www.&&& Suddenly, I felt the touch of something bright and friendly. It made me feel happy and warm. That smile changed my life. I started to talk with other students and made friends. Day by day, I became closer to everyone in my class. The boy with the lucky smile has become my best friend now. &&& One day I asked him why he had smiled, but he couldn’t remember doing so!&&& It doesn’t matter because all the dark days have gone. I believe that the world is what you think it is. If you think it is lonely, you might always be alone. So smile at the world and it will smile back. (&& )1. When did the writer get the gift?A. At the age of 16.&&&& B. After making friends with the boy. C. In the first year at a middle school.& D. After becoming closer to everyone in the class.(&& )2. Why was the smile an important gift?A. Because the writer’s old school was far away. B. Because the writer didn’t know who the boy was.C. Because the smile didn’t mean anything to the boy. D. Because the writer felt lonely and had no friends and it made her feel happy and warm.(&& )3. Why didn’t the writer talk to anyone in her new school about her problems?A. Because she was always unhappy.B. Because she didn’t know anyone at the time.C. Because she was in the first year at the junior high school.D. Because she didn’t want her parents to worry about her.(&& )4. How did the smile change her life?A. She started to make friends.&&& B. She became the best friend of the boy. C. Her parents didn’t worry about her any more.&& D. She realized that she was lonely.(&& )5. Where does she now think her feeling of unhappiness came from?A. From her old school. &&&&B. From her parents.C. From herself.&&&&&&D. From her classmates at the new school.&B Almost every day, we discuss the topic of health, especially for kids. But what is health? “Health” means eating well, getting enough exercise, and having a healthy weight. Let’s read the following rules. They can help you stay healthy. (1). Eat a variety of food, especially fruit and vegetables. We all know that eating fruit and vegetables can help us stay healthy, but many of us only eat our favorite food. Remember that we can only get the nutrition (营养) we need by eating different kinds of food, especially fruit and vegetables.(2). Drink water and milk most often. Everyone knows that water is important. Besides that, kids need plenty of calcium (钙) to grow strong bones, and milk is rich in it. Every day, you should drink at least three cups of milk, when you are 9 years old or older. You should also try to have less sugary drinks, like soda and coca. They include a lot of sugar. Sugar only includes calories (热量), not important nutrition.(3). Listen to your body. When you are eating, notice how your body feels. When your stomach feels comfortably full, stop eating. Eating too much makes you feel uncomfortable. If you do it too often, it can make you unhealthy and fat.(4). Limit screen time. What’s screen time? It’s the amount of time you spend watching TV, movies and playing computer games. The more time you spend on these sitting-down activities, the less time you spend playing sports, like basketball, and doing other activities like riding and swimming. Try to spend no more than 2 hours a day on screen time. (&& )6. In this passage, “health” includes all of the following EXCEPT ______. A. eating well&&&&&&B. doing more exerciseC. having a healthy weight&&&&& &&D. wearing comfortable clothes(&& )7. The underlined phrase “a variety of” means ______. A. plenty of &&B. all kinds of&&&& &C. the rest of&&D. a lot of(&& )8. Which of the following is NOT true? A. Eating more fruit and vegetables is good for people.B. We should eat and drink things with little sugar. C. We should spend the same time on both sitting-down activities and sports.D. When we are full, we should stop eating, no matter how delicious the food is.(&& )9. Screen time is the time that you spend ______.A. playing computer games&&&&&&& &&B. watching movies&&&& C. watching TV&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& &&D. All of above(&& )10. What’s the main idea of the passage?A. How to eat healthy food. &&&B. Eating and playing are both important. C. Suggestions for staying healthy.&&D. Health is very important.&C In Britain you may often hear “Drop in any time” or “Come to see me soon”, but you can’t really do that. People just say those things to make you feel welcome. It is better to telephone before visiting someone at home. If you receive a written invitation to an event that says “RSVP”, you should reply to let the person who sent the invitation know whether or not you plan to go. You should never accept an invitation unless you really plan to go. You may refuse by saying, “Thank you for inviting me, but I will not be able to come.” If, after accepting, you are unable to go, be sure to tell those who are expecting you as soon as possible that you will not be there. Although it is not necessarily expected that you give a gift to your host, it is considered polite to do so, especially if you have been invited for a meal. Flowers, chocolate, or a small gift are all appropriate(合适的). A thank-you note or telephone call after the visit is also considered polite and is an appropriate way to express your appreciation for the invitation.(&& )11. What can you do when a British friend says, “Drop in anytime”?A. Visit him or her at any time.&&&&&&&&& B. Say no time to him or her seriously.C. Telephone him or her before visiting.&& D. Visit him or her soon.(&& )12. What does the underlined word “RSVP” probably mean in Chinese?A. 请自便&&&B. 请回复&&C. 请审阅&&D. 请来访(&& )13. What should you do if your British friend sends you an invitation but you do not want to go?A. Do not give him or her an answer. B. Tell another friend to go instead of you.C. Tell him or her that you can’t be there for some reason.D. Tell him or her that you don’t want to go there.(&& )14. Which of the following is considered impolite in Britain?&&&&&&& A. Buy small presents when invited.&& B. Refuse the invitation without telling anyone.&&&&&&& C. Write a thank-you note after a visit.&& D. Give a telephone call after a visit.(&& )15. Where would you probably see this passage?&&&&&&&& A. In an invitation.&B. In a guidebook.&C. On a poster.&&D. In a newspaper.阅读理解(4)A For most people, the word “fashion” means “clothes”. But people may ask the question, “What clothes are in fashion?” And they use the adjective “fashionable” in the same way:&&& “She was wearing a fashionable coat. His shirt was really a fashionable colour.”&&& But of course there are fashions in many things, not only in clothes. There are fashions in holidays, in restaurants, in films and books. There are even fashions in school subjects, jobs…and in languages.&&& Fashions change as time goes. If you look at pictures of people or things from the past, you will see that fashions have always changed. An English house of 1750 was different from one of 1650. A fashionable man in 1780 looked very different from his grandson in 1860.&&& Today fashions change very quickly. Some of this is natural. We hear about things much more quickly than in the past. Newspaper, radios, telephones and television send information from one country to another in a few hours.New fashions mean that people will buy new things, so you see there is money in fashion.(&& )1. From this passage we know that “fashion” means ______. &&& A. clothes &&&&&&&B. many things C. most of the popular things &&&D. everything(&& )2. Which of the following things is fashionable today? &&& A. Surfing on the Internet. &&& B. Having a family dinner on New Year’s Day. &&& C. Learning to sing songs on the radio. &&& D. Doing morning exercises at school.(&& )3. Today fashions change very quickly because _______. &&& A. people read newspaper every day  &&& B. radios send information from one country to another &&& C. new things that people like are often shown on TV  &&& D. people quickly learn what is happening in the world(&& )4. “There is money in fashion” means ______. &&&&& A. clothes are expensive &&&&B. money comes from fashion  &&&&& C. people like new things &&&&D. fashions make big money(&& )5. The best title for the passage is ______. &&& A. Fashions &&&&&&&B. Fashion mean clothes  &&& C. Fashion means money &&&&D.A fashionable colour&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B Everybody can suffer from stress. No matter what your age is, you can feel stressed out by things that are happening in your life. Teenagers, however, have many more opportunities to get stressed than people in any other age group. Being a teenager is hard. You are not a child any more, but you are not an adult, even though you have to deal with some very grown-up problems and decisions. Families can be one of the biggest causes of stress, such as problems with parents arguing at home. or problems with brothers and sisters. Teenagers also have a lot of stress from school, either from their teachers or from their friends. Some teenagers also feel stressed about choosing their education after high school. Getting a place at university can be very difficult and some cannot afford to go to university. The stress about getting a job when finishing school is hard for some teenagers. There are so many young people finishing school and not enough jobs for them. Sadly, there is nothing we can do to remove these causes of stress from the 1ives of teenagers, but you can learn the best way to deal with it. Talking to people is one of the best ways to deal with stress. It may sound simple, but it is true. A problem shared is a problem halved. (&& )6. Why is being a teenager often difficult?A. Because even though you are not an adult, you must deal with adult problems. B. Because even though you are an adult, you must deal with children’s problems. C. Because even though you are a teenager, you must do a lot of homework. D. Because adults often make them feel stressed. (&& )7. Families can add to the stress a teenager might experience ______.A. by asking them to go to universityB. by helping them with their homeworkC. as teenagers quarrel with their parents, and their brothers or sistersD. as families never support their children enough(&& )8. Why can leaving school be a stressful time for teenagers?A. Because they will be leaving their favourite teachers. B. Because many people’s favourite memories are at school. C. Because they may worry about getting a place at university. D. Because they may worry about becoming an adult. (&& )9. Why can finding a job after finishing school be difficult?A. Because there is a lot of competition for jobs. B. Because there are no jobs. C. Because a job is more difficult than school work. D. Because there is a lot of competition for places at university. (&& )10. We can deal with the stress in our life ______.A. by not trying to find a job &&B. by forgetting about our problemsC. by getting a place at university&D. by sharing our problems with our friends&C &&& At the World Expo Shanghai 2010, you will be able to see the world in just one day. The World Expo (short for “exposition”) is the third largest world event after the Olympics and the FIFA World Cup. Countries build pavilions(展示馆) at the Expo, showing off technologies and cultures with colorful exhibitions and performances.People can experience the most advanced technologies at the World Expo. Throughout history, many new inventions have made their debuts(样品) at the World Expo, including the TV, telephone and even the ice cream cone. But the Expo is not just a trade fair(商品交易会). It’s a platform(平台) for cultural exchange, bringing people closer to the rest of the world. For example, at the Shanghai Expo, couples may be able to marry in French-style weddings at the France Pavilion. Thailand will let visitors walk into its emperor’s palace. Visitors to the Austria Pavilion will have the chance to experience the snow-capped mountains of the country.Many countries have also decided to bring their national treasures to the event.Since the 1993 Expo in Chicago, the World Expo began to focus on one theme. It changed from a show into a community event. Visitors are invited to help solve global issues, such as environmental problems.The theme of the Shanghai Expo is “Better city, better life”. It will call on the world to solve the problems human beings face as a result of urbanization(城市化). In the future, more and more people may care about protecting the places they live in.(&& )11. Countries build pavilions to show us ______ with colorful exhibitions and performances.A. the Olympic games&&&&B. the FIFA World CupC. technologies and cultures&&&& &&D. many cities(&& )12. What’s the meaning of “cultural exchange” in this passage?A. 科技展示&&B. 文化交流&&C. 科技交流&&D. 自由买卖(&& )13. Which of the following is NOT true at the World Expo in this passage? A. People can experience the most advanced technologies. B. Couples may be able to marry in French-style weddings at the France Pavilion.C. Visitors can walk into the emperor’s palace of Thailand.D. Australia Pavilion will let the visitors experience the snow-capped mountains of the country.(&& )14. When did the World Expo begin to focus on one theme?A. In 1990.&&&&&& B. In 1993.&&&&& C. In 1998.&&D. In 2010.(&& )15. What is the theme of the Shanghai Expo?A. One world, one dream.&&&&B. Better world, better life.C. Better city, better life.&&&&D. One world, one family.阅读理解(5)&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& A &&& Living in a foreign culture can be exciting, but it can also be confusing (令人迷惑的). A group of Americans who taught English in other countries recently discussed their experiences. They decided that miscommunications were always possible, even over something as simple as "yes" and "no".&&& On her first day in Micronesia, an island in the Pacific, Lisa thought people weren’t paying any attention to her. The day was hot. She went into a store and asked, “Do you have cold drinks. The woman there didn't say anything. Lisa repeated the question. Still the Woman said nothing. She later learned that the woman had answered her:& She had raised her eyebrows (眉毛), which in Micronesia means "yes".&&&& Jan remembered an experience she had in Bulgaria, a country in Europe. She went to a restaurant that was known for its cabbage. She asked the waiter, "Do, you have cabbage today?" He nodded his head. Jan waited, but the cabbage never came. In that country, a nod means no.&&&& Tom had a similar problem when he arrived in India. After explaining something in class, he asked his students if they understood. They answered with many different nods and shakes of the head. He thought some people had not understood, so he explained again. When he asked again, they did the same thing~ He soon found out that his students did understand. In India, people nod and shake their heads in different ways depending on where they come from. You have to know where a person is from to understand whether they mean "yes" or "no".(&& )1. These Americans teaching English in other countries found that they ______.&&&&& A. should go abroad for vacations&&&&&&&& B. needed to learn foreign languages&&&&& C. should often discuss their experiences&&& D. had problems with communications(&& )2. People in Micronesia show "yes" by ____.&&&&&& A. nodding heads&&&&&&& B. raising eyebrows& C. shaking heads&&&&&&&& D. saying "no"(&& )3. Tom misunderstood his class at first because&&&&&& A. he did not know much about Indian culture&&&& B. he didn't explain everything clearly enough&&&&&& C. some students didn't understand his questions&&&&&& D. he didn't know where the students came from(&& )4. Which of the following is TRUE according to(根据) this passage?&&&&&& A. In Bulgaria, nodding heads means no.&&&&&& B. Jan taught English on a Pacific island.&&&&&& C. Lisa was trying to buy some cabbage.&&&&&& D. In India, only shaking heads means "YES".(&& )5. The passage is mainly about _____.&&&&& A. body language in foreign restaurants B. class discussion in Indian schools&&&&& C. miscommunication in different cultures&& D. English teaching in other countries&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B &&&&& Once there was a piano player in a bar(酒吧). People came just to hear him play. But one night, a lady asked him to sing a song.&&&&& "I don't sing," said the man.&&&& But the lady told the waiter, "I'm tired of listening to the piano. I want the player to sing!&&&& The waiter shouted across the room, "Hey, friend! If you want to get paid, sing a song!'&&&& So he did. He had never sung in public before. Now he was singing for the very first time! Nobody had ever heard the song Mona Lisa sung so beautifully! &&&& He had talent(天赋) he was sitting on! He may have lived the rest of his life as a no-name piano player in a no-name bar. But once he found, by accident, that he could sing well, he went on working hard and became one of the best-known singers in the US. His name was Nat King Cole.&&&& You, too, have skills and abilities. You may not feel that your talent is great, but it may be better than you think. With hard work, most skills can be improved. Besides, you may have no success at all ff you just sit on your talent.(&& )6. The lady asked the player to sing a song because _____.&&&&& A. she had paid him for this&&&&&&&&&& B. she knew him very well&&&& C. she wanted to have a change&&&&&& D. she enjoyed his singing(&& )7. Nat King Cole succeeded because _____.&&&&& A. the lady helped him a lot&&&&&&&&&&& B. he caught the chance&&&&& C. he continued to play in the bar&&&&&& D. he stopped playing the piano(&& )8. The words "sit on" in the passage probably mean"A. fail to realize&&&&&&&&& B. forget to use C. try to develop&&&&&&&&& D. manage to show(&& )9. From the story we know if you have some talent, you should _____.&&&&& A. hide it and wait&&&&&& B. ask others for help&&&&& C. pay no attention to it&&&& D. work hard to improve yourself(&& )10. Which could be the best title (标题) for the passage?&&&&& A. Sing in the Bar&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Achieve Success in Life&&&&& C. Never Lose Heart&&&&&&&&&&& D. Find Your Hidden Talent&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C &Doctor Seuss was born in 1904. By the middle 1950s, he had become one of the best-loved and most successful children's book writers in the world. His books are very popular with young readers. They enjoy the invented words and the pictures of unusual funny animals and plants.In 1954, life magazine published(刊登) a report about school children who could not read. The report said many children's books were not interesting. Doctor Seuss strongly hoped to help children and decided to write books that were interesting and easy to read. He used words with the same ending sound, like fish and wish. He did not receive training in art. Yet, he drew the pictures for most of his books.&&&& In 1957, Dr. Seuss wrote The Cat in the Hat. He used less than 230 words to write the book and even a six-year-old should be able to read it. It was a fun story and easy to read. Children loved it. Their parents loved it, too. Today it is still one of the stories they like best. The success of The Cat in the Hat made him want to write more books for children. In 1960, he wrote a book using less than fifty words. The book is called Green Eggs and Ham.&&&& In 1984, Doctor Seuss won a Pulitzer Prize (普利策奖). He was honored for the education and enjoyment his books provided American children and their parents.&&&& He died at the age of 87, but his influence remains. Millions of his books have been sold worldwide. People say his books helped change the way American children learned to read. Yet, his books are loved by people of all ages. Doctor Seuss once said, "I do not write for children. I write for people. (&& )11. Doctor Seuss learned from the magazine that _______.&&&&& A. some school children could not read&& B. many children's books were interesting&&&&& C. children wanted to learn to read&&&&&& D. a writer for children was wanted (&& )12. People like his books because the books ______.&&&&&& A. are cheap and easy to get&&&&&&& B. were written in different languages&&&&&& C. are easy and interesting to read&&& D. were written with invented words(&& )13. He wrote the book The Cat in the Hat at the age of _____.&&&&&&& A. 50&&&&&&&&& B. 53&&&&&&&&&&& C. 56&&&&&&& D. 87(&& )14. Which of the following is TRUE according to the passage?&&&&& A. Doctor Seuss wrote Green Eggs and Ham with over 230 words.&&&&& B. Doctor Seuss wrote books only for children in the United States.&&&&& C. The Cat in the Hat was written only for six-year-old children.&&&&& D. His books provided education and enjoyment for Americans.(&& )15. From the text we know that Doctor Seuss __________.&&&&& A. won a Pulitzer Prize soon after his deathB. sold millions of his books himself worldwide&&&&& C. changed American children's way of readingD. wrote the largest number of books in the world阅读理解(6)A Learn to relax. Overwork is the main reason why so many students feel tired and stressed(紧张). Cut down some of the jobs you need to do each day so that you can only focus on the most important things. Leave time for activities that are relaxing and fun. This might mean reading a good book, listening to the music, going for a walk or taking a relaxing bath.&Get a good night’s sleep. Getting enough sleep will help you keep your body and mind in the best form. If you stay up late and need to get up early for school the next day, you may not be able to concentrate(集中)on the things you need to do.&Exercise regularly and eat well. Don’t rush through your meals. Eat less junk food(垃圾食品)or fast food. Eat healthy food instead.&Get to know pleasant people. Some people are optimistic, while others not. Choose optimistic people as your friends and spend more time with them and you’ll be as happy as them.&Learn to be calm(平静)when you face any problem. Find out the best option from those that are in your mind. Knowing that you are able to solve problems is a good way to build up your self-confidence(自信).&Have a happy attitude(态度). Your attitude decides the way you see things. Is your cup half full or half empty? Learn to think more positively(积极地)about the difficulties you face.(&& )1. What’s the main idea of the article?&& A. Don’t work or study too hard.&& B. What kind of relaxing activities can we do?&& C. Getting enough sleep, exercising regularly and eating healthily are very important.&& D. How to feel relaxed and happy under the stress of study and work.(&& )2. What’s the meaning of the underlined word?&&& A. 主动的&&&&B. 认真的&&&C. 乐观的&&&D. 轻松的(&& )3. Which statement is right?&& A. We need to do as many things as possible each day.&& B. Enough sleep is very necessary for keeping us in top form in both body and mind.&& C. We should save our time in eating.&& D. We should try to make as many friends as possible.(&& )4. To be away from worries, which point is not mentioned in this article?&& A. Going to a psychologist(心理学家)for help. B. Finding time to do the favorite things.C. Making sure which things are the most important and which people can make us relaxed and happy.&& D. Having an active attitude towards life.(&& )5. According to the writer, one should regard his“cup”________.&&& A. a cup&&&B. half full&&&C. empty&&&&D. half empty&B Can you imagine a world without the Internet? It’s surprising to think about it.Now, China has more than 162 million Internet users, according to the China Internet Network Information Centre. This is the second highest number of user in the world after the United States. Today, 66%of Chinese “netizens (网民)” are teenagers. “They spend about thirteen hours every week online,” said Qian Hulin, an Internet expert(专家). Doctor Song in Beijing Xuanwu Hospital said about 14% of Chinese netizens who are teens often lasted over ten hours to play online games.The main reasons why teenagers surf the Web are to search for information, to communicate with others and to have fun. On the Internet, teenagers can find out almost anything. And surfing the Web can help students with their homework and widen their knowledge.Li Dong, a teacher at No. 41 Middle School in Shijiazhuang, likes her students to use the Internet. “When we talk in class, students who surf the Net usually know more background information than the others,” she said.In addition, people can use the Internet to write letters or stories and send emails. Many teens keep in touch with their friends online. It is cheaper than phoning somebody far away and also much quicker.(&& )6. _______ has the most Internet users in the world according to the article.A. China&&&&& B. America&&&& C. Canada&&&&&& D. Russia(&& ) 7. There are about _______ Chinese netizens to surf about 13 hours every week.A.107 million old& B. 22.7 million old& C. 107 million young& D. 22.7 million young(&& ) 8. Song said some teenagers continued _______ more than ten hours.&&&&& A. playing online games&&&&&&&&&&& B. searching for information&&&&& C. chatting with their friends&&&&&&&& D. sending emails to others(& ) 9. Li Dong in No. 41 Middle School likes her students to use the Internet because she ______.&&&& A. thinks surfing the net can help students spend less time on homework&&&&& B. thinks her students can get more background information than the others&&&&& C. wants her students to talk to her about their hobbies and interests&&&&& D. wants to know what her students do and think about at home(&& )10. Which way is the cheapest and quickest to learn something about friends far away?&&&&&& A. Giving them a call.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. Going to see them.&&&&&& C. Writing a letter to them.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Sending emails to them.&C Happiness is important for everyone. Most people want to be happy but few know how to find happiness. Money and success don’t bring lasting happiness. Happiness depends on ourselves. In other words, we make our own happiness.Some people believe that if they are wealthy, they will be able to do anything they want, which means happiness. On the other hand, some people believe that holding a high position in the government is happiness. In this way, you have not only money, but also many other things which can’t be bought by money. However, other people believe that having lots of money is not happiness, nor is holding a high position in the government. These people value(重视) their beliefs, or their intelligence, or their health. They think these can make them happy.Here are a few ways to help you be happier.The first secret of happiness is to enjoy the simple things in life. Too often, we spend so much time thinking about the future, for example, getting into college or getting a good job, that we don’t enjoy the present. You should enjoy life’s simple pleasures, such as reading a good book, listening to your favorite music, or spending time with close friends. People who have close friends usually enjoy happier and healthier lives.The second secret of happiness is to be active. Many people go dancing or play sports. People can forget about their problems and only think about the activities.Finally, many people find happiness in helping others. According to studies, people feel good when they volunteer their time to do many meaningful things for other people. If you want to feel happier, do something nice for someone. You can help a friend with his or her studies, go shopping to get food for an old neighbor, or simply help around the house.Now maybe you know how to find happiness!(&& )11. The underlined word “wealthy” means “__________” in the article.&&&& A. pleased&&&&& B. healthy&&&&&&& C. excited&&&&&&& D. rich(&& )12. Some people who hold a high position in the government think they can _________.&&&& A. get money and something they can’t buy with money&&&& B. do what they want to do at any time&&&& C. enjoy health which makes them work hard&&&& D. take an active part in all kinds of activities every day(&& )13. The writer thinks the secret of happiness is that people ___________.&&&& A. think about getting a good job&&&&&&&& B. think of presents they don’t like&&&& C. often spend time with close friends&&&& D. often spend time on entering the college(&& )14. Many people find it happy to ___________.&&&& A. remember the old days and troubles&&&&&&& B. do some meaningful things for others&&&& C. go shopping to buy some food&&&&&&&&&&& D. make much money and little success(&& )15. The passage mainly tells us __________.A. how to find happiness&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. how to save happinessC. to do something good for others&&&&&&&&&& D. to value our beliefs or health
阅读理解参考答案阅读理解(1)1―5 ABDCC &6―10 ACDBA& &11―15 DBBAC阅读理解(2)1―5 CDACB&& &6―10 BDBAC&& &11―15 CDCAD阅读理解(3)1―5 CDBAC &6―10 DBCDC& &11―15 CBCBB阅读理解(4)1―5 CADDA& &6―10 ACCAD& &11―15CBDBC阅读理解(5)1―5 DBAAC &6―10 CBADD &11―15 ACBDC阅读理解(6)1―5DCBAB& &6―10 BCABD& &11―15 DACBA 文章来源 莲山课件 w w w.5 Y Kj.Co M
上一个试题: 下一个试题:
? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

我要回帖

更多关于 life is paradise 的文章

随机推荐