求一首歌,是德国首席禁爱之诱宠小小妻的bjm,in the garden of love I saw a moment of sun in her eyes.a

36—40 BACDC略
请在这里输入关键词:
科目:高中英语
来源:不详
题型:阅读理解
When Ben delivered milk to my home one morning before Christmas,he wasn’t his usual sunny self. He told me a customer had left without paying the bill,$79,nor leaving her new address. So it meant that he had to cover the loss.“She was a pretty woman,”he said, “with six children and another on the way. She was always saying. ‘I’m going to pay you soon when my husband gets a second job.’ I believed her,but she left. Isn’t it annoying?” “Give her the milk. Make it a Christmas present to the kids who need it.” I said. The holidays came and went. On a sunny January morning two weeks later,Ben was rushing to deliver milk when he saw a woman running down the street,waving money. He recognized her immediately--the woman who didn’t pay her bill. “I’m so sorry.” she said. “I really have been meaning to pay you.” She explained that her husband had come home one night and announced he' d found cheaper apartment. He' d also got a new job. With all that happened, she' d forgotten to leave the new address. “But I've been saving,” she said. “Here's $20 toward the bill. “That' s all right,” Ben replied. “It's been paid.” “Paid!” she exclaimed (惊叫). “What do you mean? Who paid it?” “I did,” Ben said,&“It went to the children as a Christmas present!”小题1:Ben was upset one morning because _______.A.a customer left without paying the billB.he lost $ 79 on the way of the deliveryC.he had to buy a present for the childrenD.he was going to lose his job小题2:The author helped Ben by offering him _______.A.a Christmas presentB.the debtor' s new addressC.some money to cover the lossD.a suggestion to cheer him up小题3:We can probably infer from the passage that the woman _______.A.cheated to raise her childrenB.moved to escape paying back the debtsC.was a person with honestyD.wanted to give her children a Christmas gift小题4:What is the best title of the passage?A.An Unhappy ChristmasB.An Unusual PresentC.A Poor Couple's LifeD.A Helpful Customer
. The plane journey from Papa Westray to Westray in the Orkney Islands takes just 96 seconds, covering a distance of little over a mile. Six teenagers are to take the Loganair service to Westray Junior High after the local ferry (渡轮) service stopped. They are all aged 13-14 and will be flown to and from school until the end of the year when the ferry is scheduled to return. Papa Westray had a population of just 70 and no secondary school. Westray, home to more than 600 residents, has around 70 pupils at the Junior High and nine full-time teachers. The school provides education to Standard Grade level but pupils choosing to study for their Highers must travel to the Orkney capital Kirkwall. The students will fly to Westray each Tuesday and stay with host families for two nights before catching a return flight on Thursday. Loganair operating the eight-seater service has changed its schedule to ensure the children get to school on time. The company says the flight, with an average flight time of 96 seconds, is the shortest in the world. Jonathan Hinkles, the commercial director, said, “While it is a popular tourist route for many visitors to Scotland, it’s also an important lifeline to those residents who live, work or do business in the Orkneys and it will make all the difference to ensuring those children who live on Papa Westray can continue their schooling throughout winter.” Willie McEwen, acting head teacher at Westray Junior High, said, “we are delighted that Loganair has come forward with this solution. Our children will enjoy the flying especially as, at this time of the year, it can be quite dangerous on the boat. ”83. Which of the following is TURE according to the passage?The six students can get to school in less than a minute sometimes.Westray has a small population though big in size.The plane can hold ten people at most each time.The six students take the flight to school every day.84. What can we learn about Papa Westray from the passage? A. It is very poor.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. It is located in Scotland. C. It doesn’t have any school.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. It will have no ferry in the future.85. How does Willie McEwen seem to feel about the flying? A.&&&&&&
Surprised.&&&&&&&&&&&
B. Worried.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& C. Satisfied.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& D. Disappointed.86. Which of the following is the best title for the passage?A. Children get lift to school on 96-second flight.B. Six teenagers having trouble going to school.C. The lucky students in Papa Westray.D. The shortest flight in Papa Westray.
题型:完形填空
.Section CDirections: Read the following text and choose the most suitable heading from the list A-F for each paragraph.& There is one extra heading which you do not need.(本题请涂在答题卡上)(D)A. Different types of surgery operation.B. Room for future development.C. Amazing advancement in today’s surgery.D. Changes in surgery specialization.E. Negative response from the patients.F. The improved safety of today’s operation.76. The need for a surgery operation, especially an emergency operation, almost always comes as a shock to the patient and his family.& Despite modern advances, most people still have an unreasonable fear of hospitals and operations.& Patients do not often believe they really need surgery-cutting into a part of the body as opposed to treatment with drugs.77. In the early years of this century there was little specialization in surgery.& A good surgeon was capable of performing almost every operation that had been devised up to that time.& Today the situation is different.& Operations are now being carried out that were not even dreamed of 50 years ago. The heart can be safely opened and its valves repaired.& Blood vessels can be cleaned out, and broken ones mended or replaced.& Even part of the brain can be removed and still permit the patient to live.& However, not one surgeon is qualified to perform every type of the modern operation.78. &&& The scope of surgery has increased remarkably.& Its safety has increased too.& Deaths from most operations are about 20% of what they were in 1910.& And due to the high success rate of operations nowadays, the hospital stay after surgery has been shortened to as little as a week for most major operations.& Most patients are out of bed on the day after the operation and may be back at work in two or three weeks.79. &&& Many developments in modern surgery are almost incredible.& They include the replacement of damaged blood vessels with simulated
the replacement of heart valves, the transplanting of tissues such as the lens of the eye and the lung machined to keep patients alive during long operations. All these things open a hopeful vista for the future of surgery.80. However, still large is the gap between our dream for the future and current technology. &“Spare parts” surgery, the simple routine replacement of all worn-out organs by new ones, is still a dream of the distant future.& As yet, surgery is not ready for such miracles.& In the meantime, you can be happy if your doctor says to you, “yes, I think it is possible to operate on you for this condition.”
.第三部分:阅读理解(共20小题;每小题2分,满分40分)阅读下列短文,从每题所给的四个选项中选出最佳选项,并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。An 80-year-old couple was having problems remembering things, so they decided to go to their doctor to get checked out to make sure nothing was wrong with them.When they arrived at the doctor’s, they explained to the doctor about the problems they were having with their memory. After checking the couple out, the doctor told them that they were physically okay but might want to start writing things down and make notes to help them remember things. The couple thanked the doctor and left.Later that night, while watching TV, the man got up from his chair and his wife asked, “Where are you going?”He replied, “To the kitchen.”She asked, “Will you get me a cup of ice cream?”He replied, “Sure.”She then asked him, “Don’t you think you should write it down so you can remember it?”He said, “No, I can remember that.”She then said, “Well, I would also like some strawberries on top. You had better write that down because I know you’ll forget that.”He said, “I can remember that. You want a cup of ice cream with strawberries.”She replied, “Well, I also would like some whipped cream on top. I know you will forget that so you’d better write it down.”With anger in his voice, he said, “I don’t need to write that down! I can remember that.” He then went into the kitchen.After about 20 minutes he returned from the kitchen and handed her a plate of bacon and eggs. She stared at the plate for a moment and said angrily, “I told you to write it down! You forgot my bread!”56. The doctor suggested the couple that they should ____.A. live with their children&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&B. keep notes to improve their memoryC. do some sports&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&D. have an operation&&&57. While watching TV, the wife asked her husband to take her ____.A. some strawberries&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. something in the kitchenC. a plate of bacon and eggs&&&&&&&& D. ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream58. After seeing the doctor, the couple ____.A. changed their life totally&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
B. followed the doctor’s adviceC. did anything as before&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
D. found the way of taking notes helpful59. The husband got angry because his wife ____.A. asked him to take her an ice creamB. complained he forgot to take her breadC. asked him to take her a plate of bacon and eggsD. reminded him to write down what he would do60. From the passage we can infer that the old couple ____.A. still had something wrong with their memory after seeing the doctorB. had poor health, so they went to see their doctorC. obeyed their doctor’s advice and carried it out successfullyD. got their memory improved after seeing the doctor
.Among the four skills in learning English, which of these is the “Odd-Man-Out”? The answer is speaking. The other three you can do alone on your own. But you can't really speak alone! Speaking to yourself can be “dangerous” because men in white coats may come and take you away ! Where can you find people to speak English? And how can you practise speaking when you are alone? At school if you pay to go to a language school, you should use the chance to speak .If your teacher asks you to speak in pairs or groups with other students, try to say as much as possible. Don't worry about your mistakes. Just speak!?Conversation Clubs Many cities around the world have conversation clubs where people can exchange one language for another . Look in your local newspaper to find a conversation club near you .They are usually free although some may charge a small entrance fee.?Shopping Even if you don't want to buy anything ,you can ask questions about products that interest you in a shop. “How much does this cost?” “Can I pay by cheque?” Often you can start a real conversation—and it costs you nothing!?Cafe and Bars There are often American, Britain, Irish and Australian bars in many large cities .If you can find one, you'll probably meet many people speaking English as a first or second language.?Language is all around you Everywhere you go, you find language .Shop names, street names ,advertisements ,notices ,and car numbers....When you walk down the street , practice reading the words and numbers that you see .Say them to yourself .It's not exactly a conversation ,but it will help you to “think” in English .But don't speak too loud!?Songs and Video Repeat the words of an English-language song singing with the music until it becomes automatic. It's good practice for your memory and for the mouth muscles that you need for English.? Above all, speak as much as possible! Make as many mistakes as possible! When you know that you have made a mistake, you know that you have made progress!?57.What does “Odd-Man-Out” probably mean according to the passage??A. Someone or something appearing different from others.?B. Someone or something standing out of the group.?C. Someone or something arranged in pairs.?D. Someone or something easily mistaken for another.?58.What might happen if you speak to yourself loudly in public??A. The police will take you away and punish you.?B. The doctors will force you to stay in hospital.?C. You will have to pay to escape being punished.?D. You will be forbidden to be member of the club.?59.Why does the writer say “Make as many mistakes as possible”? Because _______.A. everyone will make mistakes in learning English?B. everyone will meet people speaking English with some mistakes?C. making mistakes is a must in making progress in learning English?D. making mistakes can make one realize the importance of speaking?60.According to the passage, which way is not likely to be accepted by English beginners?A .Recite poems loudly along the riverside.?B. Listen to some English pop songs and video.?C. Find an Englishman to speak English with.?D. Take to the TV showing programmes at home.??
. In 1909 an English newspaper offered & 1,000 to the first man to fly across the English Channel in an aeroplane. Today, modern jets cross it in minutes. But at that time it still seemed a good distance. The race to win the money soon became a race between two men. Both were very colourful. One was Louis Bleriot. He owned a factory in France that made motor car lamps. He was already well known as a pilot because he had had accidents several times. Some people laughed at him. One man said, “He may not be the first to fly across the Channel but he will certainly be the first to die in an accident!” But Bleriot was really a good and brave pilot. He also had many good ideas about aeroplane design. The other man was Hubert Latham. He was half French and half English. He took up flying when his doctors told him he had only a year to live. “Oh, well,” he said, “if I’ m going to die soon, I think I shall have a dangerous and interesting life now.” Latham was the first to try the flight& across the Channel. Ten kilometres from the French coast, his plane had some trouble. It fell down into the water and began to sink under the water. A boat reached Latham just in time. He was sitting calmly on the wing and was coolly lighting a cigarette. Bleriot took off six days later. He flew into some very bad weather and very low cloud. He somehow got to the English side and landed in a farmer’s field. When he did so, a customs (海关) officer rushed up to his plane. Planes have changed since then, but customs officers have not. “Have you anything to declare(报关)?” The officer demanded.48. Bleriot was well known as a pilot because ____ . A. he was unusually braveB. he was quite rich C. he had many good ideas about aeroplane design D. he had had a few accidents49. Why did Hubert Latham want to fly across the Channel?
A. He thought he could manage it easily. B. He wanted to be the first one to cross the Channel.
C. He knew he only had a year to live. D. He had always been interested in flying.50. Which of the following is NOT true? A. Latham became a pilot on the doctor’s advice.
B. He was told he could live another year. C. His plane had some trouble. D. He was saved by a boat when his plane was sinking.
.第二节补全对话(共5小题;每小题1分,满分5分^*)根据对话内容,从对话后的选项中选出最佳选项,并将其答案涂在卡上71—75题。Mike: Hello. ____61____.Bill: Yes, it is.Mike: ____62____.Bill: What time do you need a taxi, sir?Mike: My flight leaves at 2:30 this afternoon but I’d like to arrive at the station before 1:30. ____63____.Bill: From here? Where do you live?Mike: Oh, I’m sorry. Live at 553 Mile End Street.Bill: Let me see. 553 Mile End Street. I’d say that it would take about half an hour. We’ll pick you up at 1:00. ____64____.Mike: Yes, that will be fine. The driver will help me with my bag, won’t he?Bill: ____65____. He will help you.A.Yes, the driver is young and kind-hearted.B.I need a taxi to the airport, please.C.Do you have anything else to declare?D.Is it OK with you?E.How long is the ride from here?F.How much do you know about our city?G.Is this the Banks Taxi Service?
第二节:(共5小题;每小题2分,满分10分)根据短文内容,从短文后的选项中选出能填入空白处的最佳选项。选项中有两项为多余选项。 71& One of the best things you can possibly do is to start your own club .It 's great fun especially if you're the sort of person who feels there 's never anything to do during the school holidays. The first thing you need to come up with is an idea for your club.& 72& Pets, clothes, pop music or dancing groups ,sports ,making things? The list is endless. Next you need some friends to be in your club with you.& 73& All you need is three or four other people who are interested in the same things as you. 74& You should all sit down somewhere together with lots of pieces of paper and write down every name you can think up. That 'll keep you busy for ages. At your first meeting you should make up a rule book .And the very first rule should be no grown-ups or little /big brothers /sisters ! The best clubs are always secret! Now you have just about everything you need, except membership cards. These are very important and again you can spend a lot of time making them.& 75&& Why not leave some space for a photo of yourself? That will make the membership card really look like it. So there you are, get clubbing ! Once you get started you'll think of loads of more interesting things to do!A.That's easyB.Enjoy your own club!C.Invite a designer to join you.D.What are you interested in? E. Summer vacation is just around the corner. F. Then you need to pick a name for your club. G. Use bright thick pens to make a special design.
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
作业讨论群:小题1:B小题2:C小题3:D小题4:A小题5:C小题6:D小题7:A小题8:C小题9:B小题10:D小题11:B小题12:D小题13:B小题14:A小题15:D小题16:A小题17:C小题18:B小题19:C小题20:A试题分析:本文介绍了一个身材矮小的学生一直希望自己能够通过打篮球进入大学得到奖学金,但是教练告诉她因为她的身高问题,她可能无法实现梦想。但在父亲的鼓励之下,她最终实现了自己的梦想。小题1:B 介词辨析。Through从内部穿过;本句是指她从人群中穿过来。Cross指从表面越过。小题2:C 短语辨析。A爆发B出示C突出D锻炼;与别人相比,她在人群中很突出。小题3:D 副词辨析。A仅仅B寂寞C只是D独自;指她独自一个人训练,。一个人在练习投篮。小题4:A 名词辨析。A天黑B黎明C午夜D天亮;有时候她一直在训练直到天黑。小题5:C 连词辨析。我问她为什么要训练如此刻苦。小题6:D 副词辨析。A担忧地B害羞C安静D直接;她直接地盯着我的眼睛看着。小题7:A 动词辨析。A走B得到C进入D参加;我能够走的唯一的路就得到奖学金,进入大学。小题8:C 词义辨析。A更糟糕C更好C最好D最差;她想做最好的篮球队员。小题9:B 形容词辨析。A激烈的B有决心的C确定的D着迷的;指她很有决心,意志坚定。小题10:D 动词辨析。A覆盖B包围C落下D埋;指她把脸埋在了胳膊里在哭泣。小题11:B 固定搭配。What is the matter?怎么了?我问她发生了什么事情。小题12:D 副词辨析。A曾经B甚至C一旦D未能;教练告诉她因为身高,可能无法上场比赛。小题13:B 词义辨析。A更加B更不要说C…得多D更多;不能比赛更不要所得到奖学金。小题14:A 情态动词辨析。Should应该;所以教练建议她应该放弃篮球。小题15:D 形容词辨析。A非常高兴B感动C尴尬D心碎;因为梦想破灭,她很失望,心都碎了。小题16:A 动词辨析。A理解B经历C学会D相信;他们不理解梦想的力量。小题17:C 语法分析。That引导的是宾语从句,if引导的是宾语从句中的条件句。小题18:B 句意分析;如果她真想上大学真想拿奖学金,没有什么可以阻止她这样做。小题19:C 上下文串联。根据上文可知她一直都想拿到奖学金,这里指一所大学真的给她奖学金。小题20:A 短语辨析。A梦想B接受C思考D欣赏;她即将得到她梦想中的大学教育。点评:本文介绍了一个学生通过自己的努力实现人生理想的故事。本文要求考生具有扎实的英语词组、短语、习惯用法等英语搭配的知识,这对于理解文章的逻辑关系特别有利。文章的逻辑关系不外乎列举、原因、结果、让步、对照、补充、目的、条件等关系。解题时应联系上下文寻找相关线索,如某一个词的原词、指代词、同义词、近义词、上义词、下义词和概括词等。但由于我们在做题时不可能总是重复地阅读文章,因此,在做完形填空时要培养一种捕捉并记忆相关信息的能力。
请在这里输入关键词:
Once an Arab was traveling in the desert. When the sun went down in the west, he stopped and _36_ his tent then, made a fire and have a _37_ meal. When night fell, he_38_ down to sleep.He had_39_ fallen asleep when he felt a soft _40_ on his elbow(手肘). He woke up to find that his camel had put his head inside the tent. The camel said: “Would you please let me keep my head in the tent to get warm? It is so cold outside. I will not take up too much &41 &.”The Arab was a &42 &man, “All right, do as you &43 &.” he said. Then he turned on his&_44_& and went back to sleep.It wasn’t long &45 &he felt a push on his shoulder. It was the camel again. “Dear master,” the camel said, “my head is quite warm now, but my neck is still cold. Do you mind &46 &I keep it inside the tent, too?”“ _47_ .” the man said. But this time he felt a bit &48 &, as camel had such a long neck.No sooner had he shut his eyes &49 &he got a harder push in his side. This time the camel said, “will you please allow me to bring my front legs inside and warm then a little?”The Arab_ 50_ over to one side of the tent. He made _51_ as small as he could. It was not _52_ comfortable, and sleep was now out of &53 &.Soon after that the camel gave his a rough push and said, “The tent is too small for the two of us. &54 &, my two hind legs are still left in the cold. It is only_55_ that you should leave the tent wholly to me.” And with that, the camel kicked the poor man out.小题1:A.builtB.madeC.put upD.set小题2:A.simpleB.richC.excellentD.ordinary小题3:A.laidB.layC.liedD.went小题4:A.seldomB.notC.almost D.hardly小题5:A.touchB.beatC.kickD.bite小题6:A.placeB.tentC.roomD.blanket小题7:A.hard-heartedB.kind-heartedC.absent-minedD.careless小题8:A.pleaseB.willingC.are likeD.want小题9:A.lightB.headC.armD.side小题10:A.afterB.beforeC.sinceD.then小题11:A.whetherB.asC.thatD.if小题12:A.Yes, of course B.No, not at allC.Don’t, pleaseD.No, you can小题13:A.crowdedB.comfortableC.warmerD.narrower小题14:A.thanB.thenC.whenD.after小题15:A.wentB.walkedC.climbedD.moved小题16:A.the tent.B.himselfC.room D.ground小题17:A.veryB.muchC.a bitD.a little小题18:A.questionB.the questionC.quite possibleD.possibility小题19:A.ExceptB.BesidesC.After allD.But小题20:A.fairB.wrongC.satisfiedD.right
When the Berlin Wall came down in 1989, Leonard Bernstein gave a concert in Berlin, including Beethoven's Ode to Joy, with the word "Joy" changed to "Freedom" in the lyrics sung.The orchestra(管弦乐队)were drawn from both East and West Germany, as well as the United Kingdom, France, the Soviet Union, and the United States. Freedom was in the air and it was not just for people. The wall between East and West Germany had also kept a large population of wild pigs within the eastern forests of Brandenburg.The wall's falling down made it easier for the big pigs—a very big one can weigh over 300 pounds—to leave the woodlands and walk into the town. Warm winters and easy access to food have helped the population increase. Now about 10,000 wild pigs walk around Berlin. The nature of the beast has added to the boom(兴旺)."The pigs are intelligent," says Marc Franusch, a spokesman for the Berlin forestry department. "They learn to use the neighborhoods.They get used to people, dogs, and traffic."&& The wild pigs tend to travel in small groups and have been found searching rubbish and gardens, feeding their piglets(小猪)in the shadow of parked cars, and crossing busy roads.On average, the animals are involved in one traffic accident every day. And despite the fact that it's illegal, some Berliners have been known to give the pigs food. Though wild pigs are protected under German law, the city's forestry department is permitted to kill 2,000 of the creatures every year, targeting mostly young adult animals in forests surrounding Berlin. Pigs within city limits are only shot if they make an immediate threat.No humans have yet been seriously wounded by them, but local dogs have been the victims of their tusks. "The forestry department is not aiming to get rid of the pigs," explains Franusch, "but we do have to reduce dangerous situations."小题1:The concert in the first paragraph is given to &&&&&&&&&.A.celebrate Bernstein's successB.remind people of fighting for rightsC.show the artists' delight of lifeD.express people's joy for freedom小题2:The following factors contribute to the boom of wild pigs EXCEPT&&&&&&&&&&.A.the Berlin WallB.adequate foodC.their own natureD.warm winter小题3:From the text we can know that&&&&&&&&&&.A.in Berlin people can never kill any wild pigB.it is against law to offer food to wild pigsC.wild pigs each weigh more than three hundred poundsD.traffic accidents are mainly caused by wild pigs in Berlin小题4:The article mainly talks about&&&&&&&&&&&.A.why wild pigs in Berlin enjoy so much freedom B.when wild pigs were united in BerlinC.how wild pigs are living in BerlinD.what damage wild pigs have done to Berliners
My husband, my four-month-old daughter and I set out on a five-day driving journey from California to Washington. We had to stop frequently because our little child needed to stretch from the car seat.One of our stops, once we crossed the Oregon border, was at a Black Bear Diner. Walking towards the front door we noticed a gentleman standing at one side. He was clearly untidy, without shoes and wearing worn clothing. We passed right by him and opened the restaurant door. Then something told me to go back.Holding my daughter, I turned around and said to the gentleman, “Sir. Are you hungry?” He said, “Yes.” I then asked, “May we buy you something to eat?” He responded with, “Sure, I can order something myself.”My husband opened the door and the gentleman went straight to the counter. I told him to order whatever he wanted. The manager of the restaurant came over quite quickly and looked frightened. I spoke before he had an opportunity to. “This gentleman will have lunch with us today,” I said. “Please add his order to our bill.” The manager said with a frown(皱眉), “Okay.” We turned to our table and the gentleman said, loudly and quickly, “Thank You!” We were seated and upon completing our meal we were handed our bill. I asked my husband what the gentleman had ordered. One fresh orange juice, one coffee, one breakfast combination with a side of hash browns.When we left the restaurant I looked for the gentleman but didn’t see him, but that very small act just made my day. I hope in some small way we were able to add some joy to his life, even if only for a few minutes.小题1:From the appearance of the gentleman, we can guess he was probably a(n) _____.A.waiterB.actorC.beggarD.worker小题2:The manager of the restaurant looked frightened because _____.A.the man was not friendly B.he had fired the man beforeC.the man had stolen something from the restaurantD.he was afraid the man wouldn’t afford to pay the food小题3:From the passage, we can infer the man _____.A.was thankful for their kind actB.felt ashamed and slipped awayC.was hungry and ate a lot of foodD.was too proud to accept their offer小题4:The phrase “made my day” in the last paragraph probably means ______.A.wasted my moneyB.moved me deeplyC.made me feel sorryD.made me very happy
A boy was walking home from school when he saw a large, tempting (诱人的)apple on one of the branches of an apple tree hanging out over a tall fence. The boy wasn’t much of a fruit-eater, &41&a bar of chocolate if given the choice, &&&&42&&&, as they say, the forbidden fruit can be tempting. Seeing the apple, the boy wanted it. The more he looked at it, the &&&43&&&he felt and the more he wanted that apple.44&&as high as he could , but even at his tallest &45& he was unable to touch it. He began to& 46&up and down , as high as he could, at the& 47 of each jump stretching his arms to get the apple . Still it remained out of& 48&. Not giving up , he thought , if only he had something to& 49&on . His school bag wouldn’t give enough height and he didn’t want to& 50&&the things inside , like his lunch box , pencil case , and Game boy . Looking&&51&, he hoped he might find an old box , a rock , or , &&52&luck , even a ladder , but it was a tidy neighborhood and there was nothing he could use .
He had tried everything he could think to do . &&53&&seeing any other choices , he gave up and started to walk &&54&. At first he felt angry and disappointed thinking about how hungry he had become from his&55&, and how he really wanted that apple . The more he& 56&like this , the more unhappy he became.57&& ,the boy of our story was a pretty smart guy, even if he couldn’t always get what get he wanted .He started to say to himself .,This isn’t&&&58&&&&, I&& don’t have the apple and I’m feeling miserable as well. There’s& 59&&more I can do to get the apple_that is unchangeable-but we are supposed to be able to& 60&our feelings. If that’s the case, what can I do to feel better?小题1:A.preferringB.offeringC.receivingD.allowing小题2:A.soB.thenC.butD.or小题3:A.sadderB.angrierC.hungrierD.tastier小题4:A.expandingB.stretchingC.swingingD.pulling小题5:A.strengthB.lengthC. rangeD.height小题6:A.jumpB.lookC.walkD.glance小题7:A.tipB.stageC.topD.level小题8:A.hopeB.handC. sightD.reach小题9:A.putB.standC.get D.hold小题10:A.breakB. shakeC.takeD.strike小题11:A.upB.forwardC.down D.around小题12:A.forB.withC.onD.of小题13:A.AfterB.ThroughC.WithoutD.Upon小题14:A.backB. awayC.upD.down小题15:A.wishesB. beliefsC.effortsD.goals小题16:A.thoughtB. imaginedC.triedD.claimed小题17:A.ThereforeB.HoweverC.MoreoverD.Otherwise小题18:A.skillfulB.cheerfulC.harmfulD.helpful小题19:A.somethingB.anythingC.everythingD.nothing小题20:A.changeB.expressC.forgetD.describe
Every morning a woman baked Chapati, an Indian cake, for her family and an extra one for a hungry passerby. She would place the extra cake on the ___(21)___ for someone to take it. She noticed a hunchback (驼背) came every day and took the extra cake. Instead of expressing ___(22)___, he would mutter (嘀咕) the following words as he went his way: “The evil you do ___(23)___ with you. The good you do, comes back to you!” This went on day after day. The woman felt very ___(24)___. One day, she decided to ___(25)___ him. She added poison to the cake she prepared for him! As she was about to place it on the window, her hands trembled. She threw his cake into the fire ___(26)___, prepared another one and put it on the window. As usual, the hunchback came, ___(27)___the cake and muttered the same words. The hunchback proceeded on his way, ___(28)___ nothing about the fight in the mind of the woman. The woman had a ___(29)___ who had gone to a distant place to ___(30)___ his fortune. Every day, as the woman placed the cake on the window, she offered a ___(31)___ for him. For many months she had no news of him and she prayed for his& ___(32)___ return. That evening, there was a knock on the door. Opening it, she was surprised to find her son standing there. His clothes and shoes were ___(33)___. He was starved and ___(34)___. Looking at his mother he said, “Mom, it’s a(n) ___(35)___ I' m here. When 1 was but a mile away, I was so starved that I collapsed (晕倒). I would have died, but for a whole ___(36)___ an old hunchback gave me.” As the mother heard those words, her face turned ___(37)___. She leaned against the door for ___(38)___. Had she not burnt it in the fire, it would have ___(39)___ her own son! It was then that she ___(40)___ the significance of the words: “The evil you do remains with you. The good you do, comes back to you!”小题1:A.doorB.roof C.stoneD.window小题2:A.concernB.hope C.gratitudeD.regret小题3:A.agreesB.remainsC.differsD.fights小题4:A.annoyedB.delighted C.disappointed D.relieved小题5:A.look intoB.get rid ofC.search forD.argue with小题6:A.immediately B.fortunatelyC.purposely D.carefully小题7:A.checked upB.picked upC.ate upD.threw up小题8:A.askingB.answeringC.knowingD.wondering小题9:A.daughterB.husbandC.relativeD.son小题10:A.getB.haveC.seekD.tell小题11:A.greetingB.helloC.kissD.prayer小题12:A.doubleB.happy C.safeD.warm小题13:A.broken outB.worn out C.cut outD.thrown out小题14:A.strongB.free C.happyD.weak小题15:A.eventB.miracleC.mistakeD.surprise小题16:A.cakeB.eggC.mealD.supply小题17:A.blackB.greenC.paleD.yellow小题18:A.fearB.strengthC.supportD.weight小题19:A.helpedB.killedC.missedD.surrounded小题20:A.valued B.recognizedC.rememberedD.realized
When Alice started to cycle home from Jenny’s house, she wasn’t nervous. She was certainly not afraid of the dark.36, it was only a 15-minute ride home. But halfway there, she began to wish that she hadn’t been so 37. As she rounded a sharp bend, it suddenly 38 cold — very cold. Alice’s breath became puffs of white cloud and her legs were so cold that it became hard to ride. With her heart beating fast, she struggled so hard to move 39 that she didn’t hear the car which suddenly appeared beside her. She stopped by the road. The big black car also 40. Slowly, the passenger-window began to slide down. Alice held her breath. In the soft light inside the car, something 41. Then, the light brightened and Alice was staring at a sweet, grey-haired old lady. “Hello, dear,” said the old lady. “I need 42. I’m afraid I’m lost. I need to find the nearest airport. I must be there in the next five minutes.”& “Airport? You 43 are lost,” Alice said. “You need to go back five kilometers 44 you reach the T-junction. Turn left and 45 for about another 10 kilometers to the main highway. From there, just follow the 46 to the airport. But I’m afraid there’s no 47 you’ll get there in five minutes!” “Thank you very much, dear,” replied the old lady. “Don’t worry — I’ll 48 in time.” The 49 moved up and the car started off. A little way ahead, it 50 and with headlights flashing, it drove past Alice. But then, something 51 happened. The car began changing. First, its color 52 from black to silvery-grey. Then, the wheels began disappearing, but the car continued to move forward, 53 just above the ground. As the car 54 into the dark sky, the big red tail-lights grew larger and larger and glowed more and more brightly. With a faint whistling 55, the car was gone in seconds, leaving Alice shaking her head in disbelief…小题1:A.However B.BesidesC.Therefore D.Otherwise小题2:A.brave B.excited C.curious D.stubborn小题3:A.fellB.seemed C.proved D.grew小题4:A.aside B.aroundC.forwardD.backward小题5:A.arrivedB.stoppedC.stayedD.started小题6:A.gatheredB.existed C.droppedD.moved小题7:A.helpB.gas C.restD.water小题8:A.necessarily B.normally C.basically D.certainly小题9:A.if B.until C.unlessD.as小题10:A.drive B.walk C.followD.march小题11:A.addressB.signs C.notices D.guidance小题12:A.doubtB.roomC.timeD.way小题13:A.have itB.get itC.make itD.finish it小题14:A.doorB.window C.headlightD.wheel小题15:A.passedB.rushedC.turned D.continued小题16:A.strangeB.sensitiveC.imaginable D.horrible小题17:A.developed B.appearedC.spreadD.faded小题18:A.rollingB.floatingC.drawing D.flashing小题19:A.pointedB.returned C.brokeD.rose小题20:A.tune B.voiceC.soundD.ton
This story happened after the First World War. A French soldier named Frank returned to his hometown after the war.___41___he had been disabled in the war, he could hardly do anything. So before long he became very___42___. Every year the former___43___ in the town would hold a party.Once the party was held in Bill’s house.Since he had become a rich man,he___44___the other soldiers with a lot of good wine and tasty food. At the party,Bill was so glad that he took out a big gold ___45___he had collected to___46___them. The coin was passed around.They talked and laughed.___47___,most of them got drunk and the gold coin was soon___48___. When Bill remembered the gold coin,he found it was___49___.Everybody helped to___50___the coin in the room,but they___51___.At that time,someone___52___that everyone in the room be searched.Everyone else___53___except Frank.”I’m not a___54___,why should I be searched?” Then he went out of Bill’s house.Since then people believed that it was Frank___55___had stolen the gold coin.Frank was looked down upon from then on.All the people in the town___56___from him.Several years later,when Bill repaired his house,he___57___to find the gold coin in a crack of the floor.He hurried to Frank’s house to tell him about it and he___58___to Frank.Then he asked Frank,”But why didn’t you___59___to be searched at the time?”Hearing this Frank’s face turned red.”Because… my ___60___was full of bread and chicken that I had taken from your table and would carry home for my hungry wife and children.”小题1:A.ButB.AndC.BecauseD.Or小题2:A.richB.strongC.stupidD.poor小题3:A.soldiersB.farmersC.businessmenD.workers小题4:A.gaveB.broughtC.offeredD.provided小题5:A.penB.watchC.coinD.bowl小题6:A.giveB.showC.enjoyD.interest小题7:A.LateB.LatelyC.LaterD.Latest小题8:A.foundB.keptC.forgottenD.seen小题9:A.missingB.brokenC.wrongD.false小题10:A.look atB.look afterC.look forD.look out小题11:A.wonB.defeatedC.failedD.succeeded小题12:A.saidB.thoughtC.heldD.suggested小题13:A.spokeB.agreedC.refusedD.wondered小题14:A.thief B.soldierC.womanD.guest小题15:A.whomB.whichC.thatD.he小题16:A.kept awayB.kept outC.kept upD.kept on小题17:A.hopedB.seemedC.wantedD.happened小题18:A.spokeB.likedC.apologizedD.went小题19:A.needB.allowC.stopD.refuse小题20:A.handB.pocketC.carD.mouth
完形填空(1*20=20分) Mr. Jones had always wanted to make a trip into the middle of Africa to shoot wild animals. 36&first he had no enough money, and then he was married. His wife had not wanted him to 37&her. At last his wife &&38&to the trip if he allowed her to go, too. “But it will be very uncomfortable,” Mr. Jones &&39&her. “ It will be very hot and we shall live in a tent, and it &&40&be dangerous. ”“I don’t care.” said his wife. “I want to go with you.” So they bought a big tent, camp beds, a refrigerator (电冰箱)which did not need &&41&and many other things which would make the trip comfortable, and went off to the__42 of Africa. The first morning, 43&Mr. Jones took his gun and left the tent, he &44&his wife a bell and explained to her, “If you fell in 45 and you need me ,& 46 this bell and I’ll come at once.” After a few minutes, he heard the bell and returned &&47&&to the tent. “What’s the matter?” he asked.“ &&48&&” said his wife, “I was only &&49 &the bell.” Mr. Jones went off, but after a quarter of an hour, the bell rang &&50&&.Mr. Jones hurried back to the tent, but his wife said, “I’m &&51 . I was cleaning our tent, and I knocked the bell over by mistake.” Mr. Jones returned to his& __52 , but soon he heard the &&53&once more. This time, when he got back to his &&54&, the tent was burning and Mrs. Jones was lying on the ground, with& 55 running from a big cut on her shoulder. “That’s better!” said Mrs. Jones. “This time the bell had been used correctly!”小题1:A.AndB.ButC.ForD.So小题2:A.leaveB.missC.marryD.care小题3:A.allowedB.permittedC.satisfiedD.agreed小题4:A.toldB.advisedC.persuadedD.warned小题5:A.mayB.oughtC.can’tD.shall小题6:A.moneyB.electricity C.forceD.power小题7:A.southB.middleC.eastD.west小题8:A.whileB.untilC.beforeD.after小题9:A.gaveB.sentC.lentD.bought小题10:A.hurryB.surpriseC.safetyD.danger小题11:A.hitB.knockC.beatD.ring小题12:A.againB.backC.quicklyD.home小题13:A.SomethingB.NothingC.NoD.None小题14:A.ringingB.tryingC.usingD.testing小题15:A.againB.onceC.acrossD.away小题16:A.happyB.sorryC.tiredD.all right小题17:A.wifeB.tentC.tripD.hunting小题18:A.cryB.shotC.bellD.shout小题19:A.gardenB.houseC.campD.office小题20:A.waterB.tearsC.bloodD.sweat
精英家教网新版app上线啦!用app只需扫描书本条形码就能找到作业,家长给孩子检查作业更省心,同学们作业对答案更方便,扫描上方二维码立刻安装!
作业讨论群:

我要回帖

更多关于 禁爱孽渊 的文章

随机推荐