歌词 you ask me shoulddo not lie to me

10K Shares7 Reasons You Should Travel While You’re Young | 10K SharesI have been very fortunate to travel extensively throughout the world while still young. I have visited most of the continental United States, plus many cities in Alaska and Hawaii. I also traveled abroad to Africa, Switzerland, Ireland, Great Britain, Scotland, France, Mexico, and Bonaire. I then lived for several years in Grenada, West Indies. I wouldn&t trade my experiences for the world, and I still have so many countries yet to visit. Based on my experience, I recommend every young person get out of their hometown and see what&s out there. Here are seven ways traveling changed me forever.1. Traveling changes the way you relate to the world.I grew up in a tiny rural town. If I hadn&t had the opportunity to travel when I was younger, I would have a difficult time envisioning much else outside my comfortable country bubble. When you travel to other countries and see the amazing beauty of sunsets over seas, eagles riding mountain currents, monkeys swinging through rain forests, grizzlies catching salmon in the rapids, majestic waterfalls spilling off vertical drops, and volcanoes smoking under their fiery breath, you realize the world is full of more beauty that you are capable of seeing in a lifetime. But, you still have the intense passion to try.If you don&t see this when you are younger, you have less desire to venture out when you are older and have job and family constraints in play. If I didn&t know what I was missing, I would have less of a desire to put the effort into taking the time to travel. You also develop a deeper sense of obligation to save our planet&s beauty for the coming generations. After all, you&ve seen it firsthand, and it&s worth saving! 2. Traveling changes the way you relate to others.Unfortunately, the area I grew up in didn&t have much diversity. Everyone looked and acted basically the same. When I traveled, I learned about other cultures. I realized that my life could be enriched by developing friendships with people who didn&t look or act like me. Far from my hometown, I developed friendships with people who were nothing like me, but were exactly what I needed. This taught me to embrace, not fear, experiences and relationships that were outside my comfort zone. It also taught me the importance of communication skills. Let&s just say I paid a lot better attention during college Spanish class after visiting Mexico, and perked up in French class after my time in France and Africa.3. Traveling humbles you enough to realize it&s not all about you.The older I become, the more I realize I actually know very little about life. It seems the confidence of knowing it all is usually graced upon the young. However, the sooner that bubble bursts, at least in my case. Traveling sometimes puts you in tough situations. You see that the world is so much bigger than your perspective on it. You soon realize the world doesn&t revolve around you. You learn that you really weren&t the big fish in the ocean, but just a tiny minnow in a pothole.Now, that doesn&t mean you aren&t still important, but it does change your perspective to be more open to learning from other people and situations vs lecturing and bestowing your vast wisdom to those lucky enough to be in earshot. Traveling teaches you to let go of the perceived concept of control. You learn that it&s a big enough challenge to just control yourself, and learn to give up trying to do so for the rest of the planet.4. Traveling empowers you to take on new challenges.Just as traveling is humbling, it is also empowering. You realize you can do things you never thought possible. For example, I have lived for the past two years in Grenada, West Indies. I have always enjoyed driving on the right side of nicely paved and open roads of the U.S. Here, I was thrown into driving on the left side of the road on twisty mountain passes down broken roads that aren&t much bigger than a one-lane driveway, yet they expect two-way traffic to freely meet around the blind corners. Add to the lovely mix the fact that there are drop-offs with no guard rail along most of the drive, and far below the sheer free fall you see the rooftops of homes.So, if I lose control, I not only kill myself, but I land on a house and kill a nice family having dinner. No pressure! Yet, after more than a few white-knuckled moments, I can now drive comfortably with the locals and don&t bat an eye at the drop offs, the livestock in the road, the pot holes, or the fact that there is no way I should have made it through that tight squeeze with that oncoming car without losing a mirror. Conquering this fear helped me learn that I could adapt to more than I felt I was capable of conquering. I think that&s a good thing to learn at any age, but you can apply it longer throughout your lifetime if you start early.5. Traveling gives you empathy for global suffering.When you travel, you learn how much you truly have that you take for granted. Many people live in poverty that is unfathomable to those who have never walked their streets and heard their stories. Watching the wars and famines on the news takes on a whole new meaning when you have a personal connection with the people there. You lose the callousness and egotistic attitude that can sometimes develop when you can&t relate to that region of the world. And, it compels you to help others and give back.6. Traveling pushes your educational horizons.Sadly, I never liked history in school. Just reading the stories in books seemed so boring to me. However, when I visited the palace of Versailles in France, marveled at the architecture of basilicas in Africa, climbed the ruins of castles in Ireland, visited the White House, and walked the halls of the Louvre, I couldn&t help but get a new appreciation for history. Traveling makes history come alive. The stories are no longer pictures in a book, but tangible memories you remember much longer than anything you could study in school.7. We are never guaranteed old age, so enjoy life&s experiences now!I think a lot of young people put off traveling because they want to be responsible, work hard, get married, have kids, and build up a life. However, I think it&s a mistake to put off traveling in exchange for the belief that you can do it when you retire and have more time. While I certainly plan to continue to travel after I retire, I also realize I am not guaranteed old age. If something happens and I don&t live to see my forties, fifties, or sixties, I will have no regrets. I have experienced the world to the best of my ability by taking every opportunity presented to me to see all of this gorgeous planet that I can. Traveling has made me the person that I am, and I&m so grateful that I have plenty of years left with this version of me to continue the adventure.Travel with sensitivity. Fear can be your friend. Be not afraid of it: Featured photo credit:
via FlickrLove this article? I'm a corporate-sales professional turned writer and entrepreneur. Visit
for entrepreneurial inspiration, watch the road to my first Ironman triathlon at
and learn about our real estate investment ventures at Get more great stuff like this delivered straight to your inboxLove this article? Get more stuff like this in your inbox
Get our hottest tips and hack your own life
Get them delivered straight to your inbox. It's free.
Please enter a valid email address
It's never too late to start over. If you weren't happy with yesterday, try something different today. Don't stay stuck. Do better.
We think so, too!
Join Lifehack newsletter and we will inspire you to pursue a happier existence.
Great to See You on Lifehack!
We’re glad that you’re subscribing to Lifehack and hope you’ll enjoy reading through!
Remember to confirm the subscription in the confirmation email.
We think so, too!
Like us on facebook and we will inspire you to pursure a happier existence.
Follow us on Twitter and we will inspire you to pursue a happier existence.
Follow us on pinterest and we will inspire you to pursure a happier existence.
We think so, too!
Share this article to Facebook to inspire more people with us!
Share on Facebook
It's never too late to start over. If you weren't happy with yesterday, try something different today. Don't stay stuck. Do better.
We think so, too!
Join Lifehack newsletter and we will inspire you to pursue a happier existence.
Great to See You on Lifehack!
We’re glad that you’re subscribing to Lifehack and hope you’ll enjoy reading through!
Remember to confirm the subscription in the confirmation email.
We think so, too!
Like us on facebook and we will inspire you to pursure a happier existence.
We think so, too!
Follow us on pinterest and we will inspire you to pursure a happier existence.
We think so, too!
Share this article to Facebook to inspire more people with us!
Share on Facebook
The post is successfully saved to your .
Well Done!
You have finished the post and the post is removed from your . Save your next post to read now.
Love this article? Share it with your friends on Facebook
Get set goal!
You'll receive daily email that helps you achieve goals right in the morning.
You are taking up the role in the .
Soon you'll get our articles in your inbox!这是个机器人猖狂的时代,请输一下验证码,证明咱是正常人~Some British and American people like to invite friends for a meal at home. You should not be upset(不安的)if your English friends don’t invite you home. It doesn’t mean they don’t like you. Dinner parties usually start between 7 and 8 p.m. and end at about 11. Ask your hosts(主人)what time you should arrive. It’s polite to bring flowers, chocolates or a bottle of wine as a gift. Usually the evening starts with drinks and snacks(小吃). If you want to be extra polite, say how much you like the room, or the pictures on the wall. But remember-it’s not polite to ask how much things cost. In many families, the husband sits at one of the table and the wife sits at the other end. They eat with their guests. You’ll probably start the meal with soup or something small, then you’ll have meat or fish with vegetables, and then dessert(甜点心), followed by coffee. It’s polite to finish everything on your plate and to take more if you want it. Did you enjoy the evening? Call your hosts the next day, or write them a short “thank you” letter. British and American people like to say “thank you, thank, thank you” all the time! 小题1:If your English friend doesn’t invite you to dinner at home, it means he or she ______. A.doesn’t like you
B.likes you
C.can’t afford to do so
D.is too busy
小题2:It’s impolite ______. A.to ask about the price of a certain thingB.to say “thank you” to hostsC.take nothing with you when you are invited to dinner D.to eat up everything on your plate小题3:The meal ends with _______ usually. A.soup
C.meat or fish
D.dessert
小题4:When you are invited to a dinner party, you’d better _______. A.ask what time you should arrive
B.take your wife with you
C.drink as more as possible
D.eat more snacks as you can
小题5:Which of the following is true? A.The hosts like the people who sit closer to them. B.The hosts like the people who ask them time, price, age, etc. C.The husband and the wife usually sit together. D.You can call your host the next day or write a letter of thanks after that
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号
搜索你想学的科目、老师试试搜索吉安
在线咨询下载客户端关注微信公众号&&&分类:
Some British and American people like to invite friends for a meal at home. You should not be upset(不安的)if your English friends don’t invite you home. It doesn’t mean they don’t like you. Dinner parties usually start between 7 and 8 p.m. and end at about 11. Ask your hosts(主人)what time you should arrive. It’s polite to bring flowers, chocolates or a bottle of wine as a gift. Usually the evening starts with drinks and snacks(小吃). If you want to be extra polite, say how much you like the room, or the pictures on the wall. But remember-it’s not polite to ask how much things cost. In many families, the husband sits at one of the table and the wife sits at the other end. They eat with their guests. You’ll probably start the meal with soup or something small, then you’ll have meat or fish with vegetables, and then dessert(甜点心), followed by coffee. It’s polite to finish everything on your plate and to take more if you want it. Did you enjoy the evening? Call your hosts the next day, or write them a short “thank you” letter. British and American people like to say “thank you, thank, thank you” all the time! 小题1:If your English friend doesn’t invite you to dinner at home, it means he or she ______. A.doesn’t like you
B.likes you
C.can’t afford to do so
D.is too busy
小题2:It’s impolite ______. A.to ask about the price of a certain thingB.to say “thank you” to hostsC.take nothing with you when you are invited to dinner D.to eat up everything on your plate小题3:The meal ends with _______ usually. A.soup
C.meat or fish
D.dessert
小题4:When you are invited to a dinner party, you’d better _______. A.ask what time you should arrive
小题5:Which of the following is true? A.The hosts like the people who sit closer to them. B.The hosts like the people who ask them time, price, age, etc. C.The husband and the wife usually sit together. D.You can call your host the next day or write a letter of thanks after that
Some British and American people like to invite friends for a meal at home. You should not be upset(不安的)if your English friends don’t invite you home. It doesn’t mean they don’t like you. Dinner parties usually start between 7 and 8 p.m. and end at about 11. Ask your hosts(主人)what time you should arrive. It’s polite to bring flowers, chocolates or a bottle of wine as a gift. Usually the evening starts with drinks and snacks(小吃). If you want to be extra polite, say how much you like the room, or the pictures on the wall. But remember-it’s not polite to ask how much things cost. In many families, the husband sits at one of the table and the wife sits at the other end. They eat with their guests. You’ll probably start the meal with soup or something small, then you’ll have meat or fish with vegetables, and then dessert(甜点心), followed by coffee. It’s polite to finish everything on your plate and to take more if you want it. Did you enjoy the evening? Call your hosts the next day, or write them a short “thank you” letter. British and American people like to say “thank you, thank, thank you” all the time! 小题1:If your English friend doesn’t invite you to dinner at home, it means he or she ______. A.doesn’t like you
B.likes you
C.can’t afford to do so
D.is too busy
C.meat or fish
D.dessert
科目:最佳答案见解析解析
小题1:B小题2:A小题3:B小题4:A小题5:D
文章讲的是英国和美国吃饭的礼仪,特别讲到了哪些是礼貌的和哪些是不礼貌的礼仪。1. B 推理题。文章说You should not be upset(不安的)if your English friends don’t invite you home(你不必因为你的英语朋友没邀请你而感到不安),后面接着说明原因 It doesn’t mean they don’t like you(这并不意味着他们不喜欢你),故A答案错误,C,D答案文章没有提到,故最有可能就是他们也喜欢你,故选B。2. A 细节题,文章讲了很多礼貌的行为,后面提到it’s not polite to ask how much things cost,故问价格是不礼貌的,选A。3 B 细节题。由于用了start …then….and then…followed by coffee等表示先后的词,但最后落到了coffee上面,故选B。4.A 从Ask your hosts(主人)what time you should arrive可知A正确,外国人最讲究准时,其它三个答案并没有提到,选A。5.D
此题要从全文来分析答案。我们从it’s not polite to ask how much things cost可知问价格不礼貌,故B错;从the husband sits at one of the table and the wife sits at the other end可知C错。再从下文Call your hosts the next day, or write them a short “thank you” letter可知D正确,外国人喜欢说感谢之类的话。A答案文章没讲到,选D。知识点:&&基础试题拔高试题热门知识点最新试题
关注我们官方微信关于跟谁学服务支持帮助中心当前位置:
>>>阅读理解。Dear mum, I don’t think you understand my life ...
阅读理解。
Dear mum,&&&& I don’t think you understand my life .You think Ishould be studying all the time.I know you want me to find a good job when I grow up,but&&I&&would like to have a wonderful time,too.You mever think about fun things for me to do like music ,sports .Two days ago ,when I was watching a football game on TV,you asked me to stop and do my homework. After finishing my homework,still&&I&&wasn’t&&allowed to read my football magazines,You said Ihad to go to bed&&early.That was bad enough,but yesterday was the worst day.Ibought some computer games ,and put them in my bag so that you wouln’t see them.I told you I had to do my homework first . Iknow it was wrong to lie (说谎) to you ,but you tokd me that Dad would talk to me later.Mum,I didn’t quite like what you did to me!I really love you ,Mum,but I wish you could try not to be so hard on me.&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Love,&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& Zhang Ning
1.Zhang Ning's mother wants him ______ when he grows up.A. to be a teacher&&B. to find a good job&&&&&C.&to work in a big city&&D. to become a football star2.______is Zhang Ning’s favourite sport.A.Football&&&&&&B. Volleyball&& C. Basketball&&&&&&D.&&Baseball3.Zhang Ning is asked ______A.to watch TV&&&& B. to do&&sports&&&&C. to play computer games&&&&D. to study all the time4.Why did Zhang Ning put the computer games in the&&bag?Because ______.A.he didn’t like them&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&& B. he played them many times&&&&&& C. he wouldn’t like his mother to find them&&&&&& D. there was something wrong with them5.We know rfrom the letter that______.A.Zhang Ning lives a very happy lifeB.Zhang Ning hates his motherC.Zhang Ning wishes to study all the time D.Zhang Ning’s parents are very hard on him
题型:阅读理解难度:中档来源:同步题
1-5&&BADCD
马上分享给同学
据魔方格专家权威分析,试题“阅读理解。Dear mum, I don’t think you understand my life ...”主要考查你对&&日常生活类阅读&&等考点的理解。关于这些考点的“档案”如下:
现在没空?点击收藏,以后再看。
因为篇幅有限,只列出部分考点,详细请访问。
日常生活类阅读
日常生活类阅读:日常生活这一话题主要涉及人们衣食住行等方面的活动。这一话题的选材主要针对人们日常的工作,生活以及学习情况。做这一类题时,最主要的是要把握好人物的活动内容,时间和地点。
发现相似题
与“阅读理解。Dear mum, I don’t think you understand my life ...”考查相似的试题有:

我要回帖

更多关于 do not ask me again 的文章

随机推荐