为什么不在蛋糕里放上放置江湖毒药攻略给bigMom吃

海贼王889话:加洛特战绩爆表,四皇bigmom怒打桑尼号海贼王889话:加洛特战绩爆表,四皇bigmom怒打桑尼号二次元撩妹攻略百家号海贼王889话更新,七月君看完之后第一感觉是“最精彩的总在下一话”~好了,下面和海迷们一起看看本话有哪些主要内容:1、加洛特战绩爆表,一个人打残一支船队加洛特变身“月亮狮子”瞬间圈了无数粉,主要因为变身之后实在太漂亮了,这点就连官方都借助布鲁克的口吐槽了“你变身的样子真的很美哦”~海迷们猜到了加洛特变身的原因是月亮,但绝对没有猜到解除变身的方法竟然那么简单,帽子、墨镜、闭眼睛等等,凡是能隔绝眼睛和月光联系的方法都能解除变身。这点比隔壁龙珠必须剪短尾巴才能解除变身的设定好多了,试想一下那么漂亮的加洛特,有谁会忍心减掉她的尾巴呢~加洛特变身“月亮狮子”的单体战力到底有多强?因为没有和高级别战力正面冲突,我们还不好判断,但是在万军丛中毁掉所有船舵,又安然离开,这份实力绝对远超大福船上的那群渣渣。2、贝吉暗杀四皇贼心不死,山治据理力争负责运送蛋糕的贝吉,就像长子佩洛斯佩罗说的“能拯救这个国家的蛋糕偏偏是由最不可信任的人送过来”,相信是个人站在贝吉的位置上,都会想在蛋糕里加点东西,继续完成暗杀计划。话说贝吉是有多迷恋炸药啊,指望在蛋糕里放进炸弹就想杀掉四皇,你是有多天真啊。山治为了守护厨师的尊严和底线,愣是不同意贝吉添加毒药的方案。但是所有语言在利益面前都是苍白的,还是让蛋糕自己告诉你有多好吃吧~于是一口奶油征服了贝吉,“这么好吃的食物,不忍心破坏它给人带来的幸福感啊”~3、bigmom身体异变,怒打桑尼号从上一话里就说,bigmom的身体无故变瘦了,这话体现的更加明显,bigmom真的原来越瘦了,体型越来越靠近SBS里尾田大大给出的模样。相信海迷们之前预测的,修女和bigmom共用一个身体等等新奇脑洞很可能就要应验了~话说普罗米修斯附身的bigmom,简直如魔神临世一般,俯瞰着桑尼号。不过像甚平说的弃船,总感觉有点不可能,桑尼号有可能就这么被抛弃么?要想解决娜美他们的危局,看来只能是山治了呀~本文仅代表作者观点,不代表百度立场。系作者授权百家号发表,未经许可不得转载。二次元撩妹攻略百家号最近更新:简介:国内外动漫吐槽、分享作者最新文章相关文章为什么bigmom的甜点会说话_百度知道
为什么bigmom的甜点会说话
我有更好的答案
动漫里面树都可以说话为什么甜点不可以说话呢
为您推荐:
其他类似问题
您可能关注的内容
换一换
回答问题,赢新手礼包
个人、企业类
违法有害信息,请在下方选择后提交
色情、暴力
我们会通过消息、邮箱等方式尽快将举报结果通知您。当前位置: >>
1 Chinese New Year春 节
1 Chinese New Year 春 节 Chinese New Year is the most important festival for Chinese people all over the world. It is also called the Spring Festival or the Lunar New Year. The exact date of the Spring Festival on the Western calendar changes from year to year. However, Chinese New Year takes place between January 1 and February 19. On the Chinese calendar every year has an animal's name. These animals are the rat, ox, tiger, rabbit, dragon, snake, horse, ram, monkey, rooster, dog and pig. A Chinese legend says that these twelve animals had a race. The first year was named after the rat, the winner. The other eleven years were named according to the order in which the animals arrived in the race. The clever rat jumped onto the ox's back, and then at the end jumped over the ox's head to arrive first! The Chinese believe that a person born in a particular year has some of the characteristics of that animal. lunar 月(亮)的 exact 确切的 calendar 日历 rat 鼠 ox 公 牛 rabbit 兔子 ram 公羊 rooster 公鸡 legend 传说 name after 按....命名 particular 特殊的 characteristic 特征 对于全世界的华人来说, 中国的新年是最重要的节日。 人们也称它为春节或农历新年。公 历春节的确切日期每年都在变化。 但是春节一般都在 1 月 1 日 到 2 月 19 日 之间。 在 农历中,每年都有一个生肖。这些生肖是鼠、牛、虎、兔、龙、蛇、马、羊、猴、鸡、狗和 猪。据传说,这十二个动物举行了一次赛跑,第一年就以获胜者鼠命名,其他十一年就根据 动物们到达终点的顺序命名。 聪明的鼠跳在牛背上, 在最后时刻跳过牛的头顶第一个到达终 点! 中国人相信在某一年出生的人具有这一年生肖的一些特征 2 A Teenager's Joke: Guidelines for Doing Schoolwork 有关青少年的一则笑话――做作业的指 导方针 My school had a policy about homework. Students should not spend more than ninety minutes per night doing homework. This is how I use the time for my work. Fifteen minutes lo Eleven minutes calling a frien Twenty three minutes explaining why the teacher is mean and doe Eight min Ten min Seven minutes checking the TV G Six minutes telling my parents that the teacher never expl Ten minutes sitting at the kitchen table waiting for Mom or Dad to do the assignment. g uideline 指导方针 policy 政策 per 每 assignment 作业 mean 低劣的 snack 小吃 TV guide 电视指南 我的学校有一项针对作业的政策。 学生每天晚上做作业的时间不应该超过九十分钟。 以下 就 是我如何为完成作业而使用这九十分钟的。 花十五分钟找作业; 花十一分钟打电话向同学 问作业; 花二十三分 钟抱怨 老师为什么总是那么讨厌,为什么不喜欢我们这些十几岁的 孩子; 花八分钟在洗手间里; 花十分钟找小吃;花七分钟查看电视节目预告; 花六分钟 告诉父母,老师从没解释过所布置的作业; 3 The Toad and the Frog 癞蛤蟆和青蛙 A toad saw a frog near the road. He was a fat old frog. He sat and moaned and groaned. The toad said, “Do not moan and groan, Mr. Frog. Hop like me. Hop down the road.” So the frog and the toad went down the road to a big oak tree. “I am home,” said the toad. “Come in and I will make tea.” But Mr. Frog said, in a deep croak, “I must not roam far from home. I will be off to my home near the pond.” toad 蟾蜍,癞蛤蟆 moan 呻吟 hop 跳跃 oak 橡树 croak 一种低而嘶哑的声音一只癞蛤蟆 在路边看到一只青蛙。那是只又胖又老的青蛙。他坐在那里呻吟叹息着。 癞蛤蟆说: “青蛙1 先生,不要呻吟叹息了。像我一样跳吧。沿着这条路跳。 所以青蛙和癞蛤蟆一起沿着小路 ” 跳到一棵大橡树下。 “我到家了, ”癞蛤蟆说, “进来吧,我来泡茶。 但青蛙用低沉的声 ” 音说: “我不能在离家远的地方闲逛,我要回我在池塘边上的家。 ” 4 A was an apple pie A was an apple pie A 是一个苹果(APPLE)派 B bit it B 咬了(BIT)一口苹果派 C cut it C 切 开(CUT)苹果派 D dealt it D 来分发(DEALT)苹果派 E eat it E 吃了(EAT)一块苹果派 F fought for it F 为了一块苹果派而与人打斗(FOUGHT) G got it G 得到了(GOT)苹果派 H had it H 也分到了(HAD)苹果派 I inspected it I 来检查(INSPECTED)苹果派 J jumped for it J 为得到了苹果派而欢蹦乱跳(JUMPED) K kept it K 保存(KEPT)起了苹果派 L longed for it L 渴 望 (LONGED) 得 到 苹 果 派 M mourned for it M 因 没 得 到 苹 果 派 而 伤 心 落 泪 (MOURNED) N nodded at it N 对苹果派垂涎三尺(NODDED) O opened it O 打开了 (OPENED)苹果派 P peeped in it P 觊 觎 (PEEPED) 苹 果 派 Q quartered it Q 把 个 苹 果 派 分 成 了 四 份 (QUARTERED) R ran for it R 跑着(RAN)去抢苹果派 S sang for it S 为苹果派而歌唱(SANG) T took it T 拿走了(TOOK)苹果派 U upset it U 打翻了(UPSET)苹果派 V viewed it V 审 视着(VIEWED)苹果派 W wanted it W 想得到(WANTED)苹果派 XYZ and & all wished for a piece in hand. XYZ 和所有孩子一样都想分到一块苹果派 5 Homestay in the US My name is Jenny and I did a homestay in America. When I first met my host mother, Mary, she gave me a big hug. I was really shocked because I had never been hugged before, and I wasn sure how to respond. By the time I left America, though, I came to enjoy hugging and being hugged. Shaking hands was also a challenge. My homestay father, Peter, looked at me straight in the eye and squeezed my hand firmly. Both Mary and Peter wanted me to call them by their first names because they, as Americans, like informality. By using first names only, we felt friendlier towards each other. homestay 家 庭 寄 宿 host 东 道 主 hug 拥 抱 shock 震 惊 respond 回 应 challenge 挑 战 straight 直接地 squeeze 挤压 firmly 紧紧地 informality 随意 在美国 家庭寄宿 我叫珍妮, 我在美国家庭寄宿。 当我第一次见到我要寄宿那家的母亲玛丽时她热情地拥抱了 我。我确实感到非常震惊因为我从来没有被拥抱过,我不知道该如何回应。然而到我要离开 美国时,我已经非常喜欢拥抱别人和被别人拥抱了。 握手也是个挑战。我寄宿那家的父亲 彼特,直视着我的眼睛,紧紧地握我的手。 玛丽和彼特都希望我对他们直呼其名,因为美 国人一般比较随意。通过直呼其名,我们互相之间感到更加亲切友好 6 Brothers and Sisters My sister is a year older than me and we've been sharing a room since I was 3 years old. We are very close, but we also fight all the time. Our fights are never serious. I can't remember the cause of our fights now, but they were always over small things. Sometimes it was just over a particular word I used or maybe just because my sister gave my teddy bear a hug and I was unhappy about it. We don't take our fights very seriously as if all the fights are a game. I think it's perfectly okay for kids to fight with their brothers or sisters. Now I'm a teenager, and I even think that they're sweet memories! share 分享 serious 认真的 cause 原因 fight 打架 particular 特别的,特殊的 teddy bear 玩具熊 teenage 青少年 perfectly 完全 兄 弟 姐 妹 我的姐姐比我大一岁,从我三岁起我们就一直合用一个房间。我们非常亲密,但是我们也时2 常打架。我们打架从来不是认真的。我现在都记不起我们打架的原因,但肯定是因为一些小 事。有时候,仅仅是因为我用的某个词,或者是因为姐姐抱了我的玩具熊,而我对此感到生 气。我们从来不把打架当真,就好像这只是场游戏。我觉得小孩子和兄弟姐妹们打打闹闹没 有什么。现在我已经十几岁了,但我觉得那都是我美好的回忆! 7 Thirty Days Hath September (Nursery Rhyme) Thirty days hath September, April, June, and N All the rest have thirty-one, Except for February alone, It has twenty-eight days clear, And twenty-nine on each Leap Year. hath (古英语)=has leap year 闰年 三十天的是九月(童谣一首) 三十天的是九月(童谣 一首) 三十天的是九月, 四月,六月和十一月; 其余的月份都是三十一天, 除了二月, 二月只有二十八天, 每个闰年二月有二十九天 8 Two Dumplings 两个饺子 A young man had a small business. He worked very hard, and he made a lot of money. One day, he had dinner with a businessman. He wanted the man to become his business partner. When they finished the dinner, there were two dumplings left. The young man told the waitress: &Please pack them in a doggy bag and I'd like to take them home.Soon the businessman decided to work together with the young man. He said, &The young man is great. He has lots of money but he won't waste it. dumpling 饺子 partner 伙伴 waitress 女服务员 pack 包 doggy bag (饭店客人将吃剩食物 打包带走时用)纸包 一个年轻人做了点小生意他工作很努力,所以他赚到许多钱。一天他和一个商人吃饭。他希 望那个人成为他的生意伙伴。当他们吃完饭后,还剩下两个饺子。 年轻人告诉服务员小姐: “请把这两个饺子打包,我要带回家去。 ”很快,这个商人就决定和这个年轻人一起做生意 了。他说: “这个年轻人很好。他有很多钱但他不浪费 9 A Visit to the City Centre 游览市中心 On their first day in the capital, Diana and Peter visited the Old Tower which stood on a hill near the city centre. There were stairs leading to the top, but Diana and Peter decided to take the lift. At the top there was a caf?and a balcony where visitors could stand and enjoy the view. It was magnificent ― you could see the whole city, the river and the hills beyond. On their way back from the Tower, Diana and Peter went past the main square in the city centre. They stopped at a stall to have some orange juice, and sat and watched the traffic for a while. The square was very busy, with cars, buses, bicycles and pedestrians going in all directions. In the centre of the square there was a policeman controlling the traffic. stair 楼梯 take the lift 乘电梯 balcony 阳台 magnificent 壮观的 stall 摊点 pedestrian 行人 control 控制 戴安娜和彼特第一天游览了首都市容, 去了市中心附近小山上的古塔。 古塔有楼梯直通塔顶, 但戴安娜和彼特决定乘坐电梯。塔顶有一个咖啡厅和观光平台,游客可以俯瞰市容。这儿的 景色很美丽――整座城市尽收眼底,还有远处的河流和群山。 在从古塔回来的路上,戴安 娜和彼特游览了市中心广场。他们在一个小摊贩前停下喝果汁,坐下小歇一会,观赏街上的 车水马龙,广场上小汽车、公共汽车、自行车和行人络绎不绝,广场中心一位警察在指挥交 通 10 Rain, Rain, Go Away(Nursery Rhyme) Rain, rain, go away, Come again another day. Rain, rain, go to Spain, Never show your face again. Rain, rain, pour down, But not a drop on our town. Rain on the green grass, And rain on the tree, And rain on the housetop, But not on me.3 Rain, rain, go away, Come again on washing day. Rain, rain, go to Germany, And remain there permanently. Rain, rain, go away, Come on Martha's wedding day. 雨,雨,走开吧(童谣一首) 改天再来吧,雨,雨,去西班牙吧, 不要再出现了。 雨, 雨,尽情地下吧, 但是一滴也不要下到我们镇上来。 雨下在碧绿的草地上, 雨下在树上, 雨下在房顶上, 但不要下在我身上。 雨,雨,走开吧,洗衣服的那天再来吧。 雨,雨, 去德国吧, 永远待在那里吧 11 An Embarrassing Show 一次令人难堪的展览 The day of the school science fair had finally arrived, and Lisa was both nervous and excited. She couldn't wait to show off her volcano model at the fair. She might even win the first prize! As Lisa was setting up her volcano, she noticed her friend Alex's project on the table next to hers. Weeks ago, Alex had asked her for help in creating a model of the solar system, and Lisa was glad to help. He never told her he as going to enter it in the Science Fair! His model was painted beautifully in different colours. Finally Alex got the first place and Lisa felt very embarrassed. fair 展览会 nervous 神经紧张的,不安的 excited 兴奋的 show off 炫耀 volcano 火山 project 设计,计划 create 创作,创造 solar system 太阳系 embarrassed 觉得难堪的 学校的科学展览日终于到来了, 丽莎既紧张又兴奋。 她等不及要在展览会上炫耀她的火山模 型。她甚至有可能赢得第一名! 正当丽莎组装她的火山时,她注意到旁边桌子上她朋友亚 历克斯的设计。几星期前,亚历克斯曾请她帮助他创作一个太阳系的模型,丽莎很乐意地帮 助了他。可他从没告诉过她他打算拿它参加科学展览!他的模型色彩鲜艳。最终亚历克斯获 得了第一名,丽莎觉得很难堪! 12 Humour ― Things Your Mother Wouldn’t Say 幽默――母亲不会说的话 &Be good and I'll buy you a motorcycle for your birthday! &How on earth can you see the TV sitting so far back?& &Don's bother wearing a jacket ― it's quite warm out. &Let me smell that shirt ― yeah, it's good for another week. &I think a cluttered bedroom is a sign of creativity.? &Yeah, I used to skip school, too.? &Just leave all the lights on...it makes the house more cheery. &Could you turn the music up louder so I can enjoy it, too? humour 幽默 motorcycle 摩托车 on earth 究 竟 smell 闻 cluttered 混乱的 sign 预兆,表现 creativity 创造力 skip 跳 cheery 愉快的 “你表现好,我就给你买辆摩托车作为生日礼物! “你怎么能够坐得这么远看电视呢?” ” “不用麻烦再穿夹克衫了――外面很暖和。 “让我闻闻这件衬衫――好,还可以再穿一个 ” 星期。 ” “我觉得乱七八糟的卧室也是创造力的表现。 “好,我以前也逃过课。 ” ” “就让所有的灯都开着吧……这样的房间更令人愉快。 “你可把音乐开得再响一点吗?这 ” 样我也可以欣赏它。 ” 13 Dogs People often say that a dog is man's best friend. Over thousands of years, man has taught his dogs to do many kinds of work besides guarding the home. For example, sheepdogs are famous for their ability to control a flock of hundreds of sheep. Dogs have been used to aid disabled people for centuries. A guide dog can lead its blind owner. Nowadays, dogs can be taught to turn on light switches, open refrigerator doors and dial the telephone for their disabled owners. For the majority of people, however, dogs are simply pets and friends for both young and old members of the family. guard 看守,看护 sheepdog 牧羊犬 flock 群 aid 帮助 disabled 残疾人 century 世纪 guide dog 导盲犬 dial 拨 majority 大多数4 狗 人们总是说狗是人类最好的朋友。几千年来,除了看家外,人类还教会了狗去做许多其 他的事,例如,牧羊犬就因其可以控制数百只羊的羊群而出名。 狗用来帮助残疾人已有好 几个世纪了。导盲犬可以为盲主人引路。现在,人们还教狗为残疾主人打开电灯、开冰箱和 拨电话。然而,对于大多数人来说,狗只是家里老人和孩子们的宠物和朋友 14 Detective Work 侦探工作 A bank robber stole a lot of money. He was caught and sent to prison, but the money was never found. When he came out of prison, they watched him to see what he would do. Here is the detective, reporting to the inspector. &Yes, sir, I found Johnny Armitage. I followed him all around the town, but frankly, I couldn't make anything out of what he bought. Here's the list.& shirt heavy crowbar box of chocolates shovel heavy hammer bunch of flowers The inspector said, &Good. That helps me a lot. Do you remember how we watched him helping his neighbour, old Mrs. Judson to cover her backyard with cement? detective 侦探的侦探 robber 强盗,盗贼 prison 监狱 inspector 检察官 frankly 坦白地,真 诚地 crowbar 铁撬,撬棒 shovel 铲,铁铲 hammer 铁锤,锤子 backyard 后院 cement 水泥 一个盗贼从银行偷了很多钱。他被抓住送到监狱,但是钱没找到。 当他从监狱出来时,他 被监视,看他会做什么。这不,侦探正向检察官报告: “是的,先生,我发现了强尼.阿米塔 基, 我跟着他转遍了全镇, 但坦白说, 我不能从他买的东西中推断出什么。 这里是清单。 衬 ” 衫、大铁撬、一盒巧克力铁铲、大铁锤、一束花 。 检察官说: “好,这对我很有帮助。你还记得我们看到他是怎么帮他的邻居,贾德森老太太 用水泥铺院子的吗?” 15 What is Time? (Nursery Rhyme) Time is grain for peasants. Time is wealth for workers. Time is life for doctors. Time is victory for soldiers. Time is knowledge for students. Time is speed for scientists. Time is money for businessmen. Time is everything for all of us. Therefore, seize the time of today! grain 粮食 wealth 财富 victory 胜利 seize 抓住,把握 时间是什么(童 谣一首) 对农民来说,时间就是粮食。 对工人来说,时间就是财富。 对医生来说,时间就是生命。 对士兵来说,时间就是胜利。 对学生来说, 时间就是知识。 对科学家来说, 时间就是速度。 对企业家来说,时间就是金钱。 对我们大家来说,时间就是一切。 因此,把握今天! 16 Perfect Match 绝配 A rich woman is so proud of a valuable antique vase that she decides to have her bedroom painted the same colour as the vase. Several painters try to mix the colour right, but none comes close enough to satisfy the woman. Eventually, a painter comes. He is confident that he can mix the proper colour. The woman is pleased with the result, and the painter becomes famous. Years later, he retires and turns the business over to his son. &Dad,&asks the son, &there's something I've got to know. How did you get those walls to match the vase so perfectly?&&Son,” the father replies, &I painted the vase.& proud of 自豪 valuable 值钱的 antique vase 古董花瓶 paint 用油漆漆 satisfy 满意 eventually 最终 confident 有信心的 retire 退休 match 和……相配 一个有钱的妇人感到非常骄傲, 因为她有一只值钱的古董花瓶, 她决定把她的卧室漆成和花 瓶一样的颜色。 好几个油漆匠试图调出正确的颜色, 但是没有一个人调出的颜色能让妇人满 意。最后来了一个油漆匠。他很有信心可以调出合适的颜色。果然妇人对最终的效果感到满 意,漆匠也因此成名。 几年后,漆匠退休了,他把生意交给了儿子。 “爸爸, ”儿子问, “有5 件事我想知道。你是如何调配出和花瓶一样的颜色的?” “儿子, ”父亲回答, “我把花瓶也 一起漆了。 ” 17 A Barbecue When I was a child, I once went camping with my family in the summer. We decided to make a barbecue in the valley. So we collected some tree sticks to make a fire. My father asked me if I could try to make a fire. I was glad to take the job. Then I tried to set fire to the wood with a match, but produced only smoke. Then my father said, &That's not the right way. I'll show you how to do it. First use the small pieces of wood because they catch fire easily. Then put the larger ones on top of them.&My father helped me make a big fire. barbecue 烧烤 valley 山谷 stick 枝条 make a fire 生火 烧烤 当我还是小孩子的时候,一年夏天我们全家去野营。我们决定在山谷中烧烤,所以我们捡来 了一些树枝生火。父亲问我愿不愿意尝试着生火,我很高兴地承担了这项任务。我试着用火 柴把木头点燃,但结果都是烟。父亲说: “这样做不对。我来教你如何生火。先用小片的木 头,因为它们容易点燃,然后把大些的放在它们上面。 ”父亲帮我点起了旺旺的火。 18 A Joke― “I stand corrected” 笑话――“我诚恳认错” I have this friend who always seemed to lean slightly to the left all the time. It used to bother me, so I suggested he see a doctor, and have his legs checked out. For years, he refused and told me I was crazy, but last week, he finally went. Sure enough, the doctor discovered his left leg was a quarter inch shorter than his right. A quick bit of surgery later, he was cured, and both legs are exactly the same length now, and he no longer leans. “So,”I said, &You didn't believe me when I told you a doctor could fix your leg. He just looked at me and said, &I stand corrected. lean 倾斜 slightly 轻微地 check out 检查 refuse 拒绝 quarter 四分之一 surgery 手术 cure 治愈 fix 治愈 stand corrected 认错我有一个朋友,他 似乎总是微微向左倾斜。这个问题曾经非常困扰我,所以我建议他去看医生,检查一下他的 腿。几年来,他总是不听我的建议,还说我不正常,但是上星期,他终于去看了医生。果真, 医生发现他的左腿比右腿短四分之一英寸。一个很快的小手术后,他康复了,现在他的两条 腿完全一样长了,他也不再倾斜了。 “你看, ”我说, “那时我告诉你医生可以治好你的腿时 你还不相信我呢。 ”他看着我说: “我认错了 19 Making a Kite One day, Paula and Richard decided to make a kite. First they went out and found two straight sticks of the same length. They brought them back home and tied them with a piece of string into the shape of a cross. Then they took some string and used it to tie the four ends of the sticks together. Then, they spread some brightly coloured paper over the frame and glued it around the string. They stuck a tail made of paper to one of the corners, and tied a long string to the centre of the kite. On the next windy day, they took the kite to a hill near their house and flew it. straight stick 直木棍 tie 系 string 绳子 shape 形状 cross 十字 spread 传开 frame 框架 stick 粘 tail 尾巴 windy 有风的 做一个风 筝 一天,保罗和理查德决定做一个风筝。首先,他们出门找了两根一样长的直木棍。他们把木 棍带回家,用一根绳子把它们绑成十字形。然后他们又拿了些绳子,把木棍的四个顶端连在 一起。然后,他们把一些颜色鲜艳的纸涂上胶水,粘在风筝的框架上。他们将纸做的尾巴粘 在一角,在风筝中间系上一根长绳。在接下来的一个有风的日子里,他们就在家附近的小山 上放风筝了。 20 Animals in Danger 濒 危 动 物6 Some of the animals and birds in the rainforest, such as monkeys and woodpeckers, live in the treetops. They are always swinging and flying from one tree to another looking for food among the leaves and branches. They even sleep in the treetops so they do not have to come down to the ground. Have you heard that such animals and birds in the rainforests are in danger? Because people are cutting down so many trees in the forests, the animals are losing their homes. Do you know the reasons for it? Yes, people want wood, paper and land. As a result many animals and plants are dying. Some forests are so badly damaged that they become deserts. rainforest 雨林 woodpecker 啄木鸟 treetop 树顶 swing 摇荡 leaves 树叶(leaf 复数形式) branch 树枝 desert 沙漠一些雨林中的动物和鸟类生活在树顶上,例如猴子和啄木鸟。它们 总是从一棵树荡到或飞到另一棵树上,在树叶和树枝间寻找食物。它们甚至在树顶睡觉,所 以它们不用到地面上来。 你知道吗?雨林中的这些动物正处于危险中。因为人们砍伐了森 林中的许多树,动物们失去了家园。你知道人们砍树的原因吗?是的,人们需要木材、纸和 土地。所以,许多动物和植物正在消亡。一些森林遭到了严重的破坏,变成了沙漠 21 English in the World Some people say that the English language no longer belongs to the English, and it belongs to the world. It is estimated that the number of people who use English exceeds 750 million. Among these, about 350 million are native speakers, while the rest use it as an official language. If we add to this number the people who have acquired the language to some extent, the total is close to one billion. English plays an increasingly important role in the world as a medium for conducting international business and diplomacy, as well as in science and medicine, the Internet, air and sea communications, international sports events, radio and TV programs, pop songs and movies. estimate 估计 exceed 超过 native 本族的,本国的 official 官方的 acquire 掌握 to some extent 达到某种程度 billion 千万 increasingly 越来越多地 medium 工具,手段 conduct 实行,执行 international 国际的 diplomacy 外交 medicine 医药 communication 通信 event 事件 世界上 的英语 有人说英语已不再属于英国人了,它属于全世界。据估计,使用英语的人超过七亿五千万, 其中大约有三亿五千万是以英语为母语的人, 而其余的人将英语作为官方语言使用。 如果我 们再加上已经掌握英语到一定程度的人,这个总数将接近十亿。 英语,作为进行国际业务 和外交的工具,在世界上起着越来越重要的作用。它还在科学、医药、互联网、空中及海洋 通信、国际体育赛事、电台电视节目、流行歌曲及电影中发挥着越来越重要的作用。 22 A Friend When you read an English book, you often come across new words. You might try to guess what the words mean from the words you know, but when you cannot guess the meanings of new words at all, what should you do? You have a good friend then. From him you can learn what a word means, how to pronounce a word, how to use a word, and so on. This friend can always be with you, and you can always ask him to help you. Do you know who this friend is? It is a dictionary. You can learn some important things about words from it, so you must know how to use it. come across 碰到 guess 猜测 朋 友 当你读英语书时,你经常会碰到新单词。你可能试着从你知道的词中猜这些词的意思,但是 当你无法猜出这些词的意思时,你该怎么办呢? 这时你有一个好朋友。从他那里你可以学 到单词的意思、发音及用法等。这个朋友可以经常伴你左右,你可以经常请他帮忙。你知道 这个朋友是谁吗?7 他就是字典。 你可以从他那里学习有关词汇的众多重要知识, 所以你必须学会如何使用字典 23 “I Have Never Heard You in Carmen” “我还从未听过你唱卡门” Mark Twain was once invited by a friend to go to the opera. The friend was very rich. He and his wife had their own box at the theatre. During the opera the friend's wife talked all the time. She also talked rather loudly. She talked so much that it was often difficult for Mark Twain to listen to the opera. Toward the end of the opera she turned to Mark Twain and said, &Oh, my dear Mark Twain, I do want you to be with us again next Friday night. I'm sure you will like it ― the opera will be Carmen.& &Thank you very much,&said Mark Twain. &That will be fine. I have never heard you in Carmen.& Carmen 《卡门》 (歌剧名) invite 邀请 opera 歌剧 box 包厢 theatre 剧 场,戏院 有一次,一个朋友邀请马克?吐温去看歌剧。这个朋友很有钱。他和他的妻子在剧院有自己 的包厢。看歌剧时,朋友的妻子一直在说话。她说话的声音还挺大。她的话那么多,马克? 吐温根本听不清歌剧。 歌剧临近结束时, 她转而对马克?吐温说: “噢, 我亲爱的马克?吐温, 我真的想让你再和我们一起度过下周五。 我保证你会喜欢的――下周的歌剧是 《卡门》” 。“非 常感谢, ”马克?吐温说。 “想来会很好。我还从未听过你唱《卡门》” 。 24 Learning English in England 在英国学英语 I came to England last summer. I have been in England for eleven months. I am going to finish my studies in England soon, and will leave for China next month. At first it was very difficult for me to communicate with other people in English. Now I can speak English much better, and even understand English television, because I have studied hard and my teachers and classmates have helped me a lot. I have lots of English friends now. Some of them have even invited me for dinner at their houses. They are interested to learn about China and Chinese people. Every time they ask me a lot of questions, I realize how little I know about my own country. 去年夏天,我来到英国。现在我在英国已经待了十一个月了。我将很快结束在英国的学习, 下个月我就将回中国了。 一开始,我觉得很难用英语和别人交流。现在我英语说得好多了, 甚至可以看懂英语电视,这是因为我学习很努力,老师和同学对我的帮助也很大。现在我有 许多英国朋友。一些朋友甚至邀请我去他们家吃饭。他们对中国和中国人很感兴趣。每当他 们问我许多问题时,我才意识到自己对祖国的了解是如此之少 25 The Hare and the Tortoise 兔子和乌龟 One day a hare was telling the other animals how fast he could run. &I can beat anyone!&cried he. &Will one of you try a race with me?&&I will,?said the tortoise. &You!?laughed the hare. &Oh, oh, how funny!?&Save your laughing for the end of the race,?said the tortoise. So a starting line was made, and away they went. The hare ran fast and was soon far ahead, so he sat down to rest. By the time the tortoise came up, the hare was sleeping. On and on went the tortoise, and when the hare looked up at last, it was too late. There sat the tortoise by the sign that said: The End. hare 野兔 tortoise 龟, 乌龟 beat 打败 race 比赛一天, 兔子正在向其他动物炫耀他能跑得 很快。 “我能跑过任何人。 他喊道。“你们有谁想和我比一比吗?”“我。 乌龟说。“你! ” ” ” 兔子笑道, “哦,哦,太滑稽了! “留着到比赛结束后笑吧。 ” ”乌龟说。 他们划了条起跑 线,出发了。兔子跑得飞快,很快就跑到了前面,所以他坐下来休息。等到乌龟赶上来时, 他睡着了。乌龟一直往前走,当兔子最后醒来时,已经太晚了。 乌龟坐在一块牌子旁,上 面写着: 终点 26 Helping Parents 帮 助 父 母 Parents often get angry because of their trouble in their lives. Let's say that your mother is not happy about her boss. If she doesn't have other ways of expressing her emotions, she might come8 home and yell at you, scream at your dad, kick at the dog, or even say something mean to you. Here's how to handle it when an adult in your life has trouble controlling his or her anger: Don't make it worse. Angry people can have trouble thinking clearly, so try not to do or say anything to make things worse. Wait till your parent cools off, then talk to him or her in a calm tone, and try to explain how the anger is affecting you. yell 大叫,呼喊 scream 尖声喊叫 handle 处理 adult 成年人 cool off 平静下来 tone 语气 affect 影响 父母常常因为他们生活中的烦恼而生气。我们举个例子,比如你妈妈对她的上司不满。假如 她没有其他方法发泄她的情绪,她就可能回到家冲你大声嚷嚷,对你爸爸大喊大叫,踢家里 的狗,或者甚至对你说一些难听的话。当你身边的大人控制不住他们的怒火时,你应付的方 法是:别让情况变得更糟糕。生气的人很难保持思维清晰,所以不要做,也不要说任何会使 事情变得更糟的事或话。先等你的父母平静下来,然后再心平气和地和他们谈,并想办法说 明他们的怒火是如何影响你的。 27 Humour ― What Is a Teenager? 幽默――少年是什么样的人? A teenager is ... ... someone who can hear his favourite singer three blocks away but not his mother calling from the next room. ... a whiz who can operate the latest computer without a lesson but can't make a bed. ... a connoisseur of two kinds of fine music ― loud and very loud. ... an enthusiast who has the energy to bike for miles but is usually too tired to dry the dishes. ... a romantic who never falls in love more than once a week. ... a boy who can sleep till noon on any Saturday and suspects the room needs cleaning. ... an original thinker who is positive that his mother was never a teenager. block 街区 whiz 天才,能手 operate 操作 connoisseur 内行,鉴赏家 enthusiast 热心的人, 热情的人 energy 精力 romantic 浪漫主义者 suspect 怀疑 original 新颖的,独创的 positive 肯定的 少年是…… ……一个隔着三个街区也能听到他最喜欢的歌手的声音但却听不到隔壁房间母 亲叫声的人。 …… 一个不用上一节课就可以操作最新电脑的能手, 但却不会铺床。 ……两种音乐的鉴赏 家――吵闹的和非常吵闹的音乐。 ……一个充满热情,精力充沛的人,他可以骑车骑几英 里,但却经常因为觉得太累而擦不干碟子。 ……一个浪漫主义者,他不经常恋爱,一周绝对少于一次。 ……一个每星期六都要睡到中 午,却总是怀疑房间需要打扫的人。 ……是一个有独创精神的思想家,他断定他的母亲不 是从少年时期走过来的 28 Charles Chaplin 查尔斯.卓别林 One day a small boy called Charles Chaplin was walking along the street in London. It was a cold winter's day in 1900. He wanted to buy some bread, but he didn't have any money. His father had died when he was very young. He and his brother, Sid, had to work to help their sick mother. Although Charles was small, his dream was very big. He wanted to be a great man in the world of films, so he worked very hard to become a good dancer and singer. Thirty years later, this same boy was among the most famous people in the world. Even if you do not understand English, you can enjoy his films, because no words are used in his films. 一天,一个叫卓别林的小男孩在伦敦的大街上走着。那是 1900 年寒冬的一天。卓别林想买 一些面包,但他没有钱。他的父亲在他还很小时就去世了。他和他的兄弟西德必须工作以帮9 助生病的母亲。 卓别林年纪虽小但他有很大的理想。他想成为电影世界的伟大人物,所以 他努力工作,希望成为有名的舞蹈家和歌唱家。 三十年后,这个小男孩成为了世界上最著 名的人之一。 即使你不懂英语,你也可以欣赏他的电影,因为他的电影是无声的 29 A Seaside Picnic 海滩野餐 One morning last April, Joan was lying in bed when the telephone rang. It was her friend, Dave, who invited her out for a picnic at the seaside. Later that day she left her flat and walked to the bus stop to catch the bus. Joan was wearing a T-shirt and skirt as it was quite hot. As she sat on the bus she looked out of the window. The sun was shining. She saw a plane going over a forest and some horses in the fields. Before long she arrived at the seaside and met Dave. They went down to the beach and had their picnic next to a rock. They had sandwiches and crisps, and Dave painted a picture. They had a lovely day. flat 公寓 (英国英语) forest 森林 crisp 油炸马铃薯片去年四月一天早上,当琼还躺在床 上时电话铃响了。电话是她的朋友戴夫打来的,她想邀请琼去海滩野餐。 那天晚些时候,琼离开了公寓,去公共汽车站乘车。因为天气很热,琼穿着T恤衫和裙子。 当她坐在车上时, 她看着窗外。 阳光明媚。 她看到一架飞机飞过一片森林, 看到田野里的马。 一会功夫她就到了海边,碰到了戴夫。他们走下海滩,在一块岩石边野餐。他们一起吃三明 治和马铃薯片,戴夫还画了一幅画。他们度过了开心的一天。 30 A Dish Washer 洗 碗 工 Some people have dogs or cats as pets. One woman in New York keeps a monkey as her pet. This monkey can wash dishes. He washes the dishes for the woman every day. He likes to wash dishes and never breaks a dish. Sometimes he washes the same dishes over and over. If the woman tries to stop him, he then gets angry. He begins to throw the dishes in all directions. But this does not happen very often. The woman's husband is very happy with the monkey. The husband never needs to help his wife wash the dishes. The monkey does all this work. The husband says that he cannot understand how anybody, a person or a monkey, can like to wash dishes so much. direction 方向有些人的宠物是猫或狗。 纽约的一位妇 女养了只猴子当宠物。这只猴子会洗碗。他每天为这个妇女洗碗。他喜欢洗并且从未打破过 一个碗碟。有时他会一遍遍地清洗同一个碗。如果这个妇女试图阻止,猴子就会发脾气,并 开始朝四面八方扔碗碟。但这种情况不常发生。 女人的丈夫非常满意这只猴子。他从不需 要帮自己的妻子洗碗。 猴子包办了这些活。 这个丈夫说他无法理解, 不管是谁, 人还是猴子, 怎么会如此喜欢洗碗呢。 31 A Young Pioneer 年轻的先驱 Long ago, when the western part of the United States was still a wilderness, a young boy, called Kit, not yet twenty years old, went from his home in the East to learn about the new country. He wanted to know what lay beyond the Rocky Mountains. Kit's father had taught him to shoot straight, but he learned more about hunting and trapping in the country of the Indians. Kit was always calm in times of danger. He was strong and brave. Most of the Indians liked and respected him for his honesty. For many years, Kit lived in the West. He taught other white men many things. Probably the most important thing he taught them was how to get along with the Indians. wilderness 荒野 pioneer 先锋,先驱 hunting 打猎 trapping 诱捕 honesty 诚实,正直 get along with 与……相处 很久以前,美国西部还是一片荒野,一个年轻的男孩,名叫基特,还不满二十岁,从东部的 家乡来到这里,要了解这个新的国家。他想知道在落基山脉那边有什么。 基特的父亲教会 他瞄准射击,但他在印第安人的村庄里学到了更多的打猎和狩猎的本领。 基特在危险的时10 刻总是很沉着。他强壮勇敢。大多数印第安人因为他的诚实而喜欢并尊敬他。 基特在西部 生活了很多年。 他教会其他白人很多东西。 也许他教会他们的最重要的东西就是如何与印第 安人相处 32 A Robot Babysitter 看小孩的机器人 In 2005 Japan made a new robot. It can take care of a child. The new robot is called iPapero. It weighs 13.2 pounds, and has a body of 15.2 by 10.3 and by 9.8 inches. iPapero is a small robot, but it has many special skills. It can recognize and remember up to ten faces and use its eight separate electronic ears to understand human voices even in noisy situations. It also plays games with children when they are unhappy, or sing songs or ask quizzes to entertain the child. If the child is bored, iPapero will change new songs and quizzes so that it doesn't repeat itself. The robot babysitter even has a cell phone to call a parent when the child asks for his mother. babysitter 保姆 separate 分开的 electronic 电子的 situation 情形,境遇 entertain 使快乐 quizzes 猜谜, 问答比赛(quiz 的复数) 2005 年,日本制造了一个新的机器人。它会照看小孩。这个新机器人叫做 iPapero。它 13.2 磅重,身体是 15.2×10.3×9.8 英寸。iPapero 是个小机器人,但它有很多特殊的技能。它能 识别和记忆多达十张脸, 即使是在吵闹的情况下, 它也能用它八只分开的电子耳朵听懂人的 声音。当孩子们不高兴时,它还和他们玩游戏、唱歌或猜谜语让他们开心。如果孩子感到无 聊了, 他会换新的歌和谜语, 这样就不会重复。 这个照看小孩的机器人甚至还装有移动电话, 当孩子找妈妈时,可以用它打电话给父母 33 The Eagle and the Raven 鹰和渡鸦 An eagle was trying to break open a nut in his beak when a raven landed on a branch beside him. The raven eyed the nut hopefully, &You'll never break it like that,&he said. &If I were you I would fly up in the sky as high as I could, then drop the nut onto the rocks. It's the only way you'll get at the kernel.&The eagle flew up into the sky, then let the nut fall down, down, down to the ground. The raven hopped quickly from his branch and seized the nut in his beak. By the time the eagle had found his way back to the right place, all that was left was a broken piece of shell. eagle 鹰 raven 渡鸦 beak 鸟嘴 land 着陆 kernel 果实 hop 单脚跳 broken 破碎了的 shell 壳 正当鹰试图弄开它嘴中的坚果时,一只渡鸦停在了他旁边的树干上。渡鸦贪婪地看着坚果, “你这样永远也弄不开它, ”他说。 “如果我是你,我就会尽我所能,飞向高空,然后让坚果 掉在石头上。这是得到果实的唯一办法。 ” 鹰飞向空中,然后让坚果落下,落下,落到地面。渡鸦飞快地跳离树干,叼住了坚果。当鹰 寻旧路折回时,地上只剩下一些破碎的果壳了。 34 Buying Books on the Internet 网 上 购 书 It's easy to order books from the Internet. There are several companies that ship books to customers in China. Just decide which company you would like to use and type that company's name into the search engine. The company's homepage will appear within a few seconds. Next you can type the name of the author or the title of the book you want to buy in the space provided on the page. If you decide to buy one of the books you will need to give further information such as your address and your credit card number. You will also need to decide how you want to have the book shipped. Finally, all you have to do is wait for the book to arrive in your mailbox. ship 运送 search engine 搜索引擎 author 作者 title 标题 space 空白处 provide 提供 credit card 信用卡 从网上订书是非常方便的。 在中国有许多公司可以把书寄到顾客的手里。 你要做的只是决定11 你想使用哪家公司,然后把公司名输入搜索引擎。几秒钟后公司的主页就出现了。接下去你 可以在网页提供的地方输入你想买的书的作者名或书名。 如果你决定购买其中一本书, 你需 要进一步提供信息,例如你的住址和信用卡号码。你还需要决定书的邮寄方式。最后,你所 需做的就是等待书送到你邮箱里来。 35 A Bus Ride 乘公共汽车 One day I was on a bus. I found an elderly woman standing in front of me. She had a big bag in her hand. &It's a virtue for a young person to help the old,&I said to myself. When I was standing up to give my seat to the old lady, a young foreigner got up quickly saying, &Please sit down.&The old lady thanked him and sat down. She looked very happy. I was a little embarrassed because I was sitting in the middle of the bus. Suddenly a pregnant woman got onto the bus. I quickly stood up to give up my seat to her. The foreigner smiled at me. He said that he was an Australian, and was a student studying Chinese culture in China. ride 骑马、骑脚踏车或乘坐公共交通工具旅行 elderly 年长的 virtue 美德 pregnant 怀孕的 一天我在一辆公共汽车上。我发现一位年长的妇人站在我的面前,她手里拿了个大包“帮助 老人是年轻人的美德。 ”我对自己说。当我正要站起来把自己的座位让给那位老妇人时,一 个年轻的外国人很快站了起来,说: “请这里坐。 ”老妇人谢谢他,然后坐下,她看上去非常 高兴。 我有一点尴尬,因为我坐在车厢的中间。突然一个孕妇上了车。我很快地站起来把 座位让给了她。那个外国人笑着看着我,他说他是澳大利亚人,正在中国学习中国文化。 36 The Dog and His Shadow 狗和他的影子 It happened that a dog had some meat that he wanted to eat at home. On his way home he met a river. As he looked down, he saw his shadow in the water. &Just look!&said he to himself. &That dog down there has some meat, too. If I could get it away from him, I would really eat well tonight!&With this thought, he made a snap at the other dog's meat. And as he did, his own meat fell into the water. So then he had nothing at all. Then he saw that the other dog had lost his meat, too. &That is as it should be!?thought he. &For I saw him trying to take my meat away from me.&By wanting to have everything, he has lost everything he had! shadow 影子 snap at 抓,咬碰巧狗有一些肉,他想回到家后再吃。回家的路上,他遇到了 一条河。当他往河里看 时,在水里他看到了他的影子。 “看啊! ”他对自己说, “下面的那只狗也有一些肉。如果 我能从他那里把肉弄过来,那我今晚就可以美餐一顿了! 带着这个想法,他朝另一只狗的 ” 肉扑去。当他这么做时,他自己的肉掉进了水里。所以他就什么都没有了。 然后,他看到 另一只狗的肉也没了。 “活该! ”他想, “因为我看到他想从我这里抢走我的肉。 什么都想 ” 要,却失去了原来所拥有的! 37 Managing Your Emotions 控制你的情绪 What makes me angry? Mostly, I hate when someone tries to make someone else feel bad. I have to admit that once, when I was really angry, I actually called names. I regretted doing this afterwards, but not full heartedly because I think I was provoked in that situation.The most positive way of dealing with anger is talking about the problem. I talk to someone who listens, or I'll write my thoughts down on paper. Learning how to deal with anger as you're growing up is so important. When you're younger, you might yell, or cry when you're angry, but as you get older, you're expected to handle your emotions much better. Learning to control your emotion now will prevent you from doing something that you'll regret later on in life! emotion 情绪 manage 控制, 操纵, 管理 admit 承认 full heartedly 全心全意地 provoke 激怒 prevent 预防,防止什么事会让我愤怒呢?通常情况下,当有人试图使别人觉得不舒服时,12 我会非常愤怒。我不得不承认,有一次,在我实在很生气的时候,我确实骂了人。过后,我 很后悔那么做,但我不认为全是我的错,因为我觉得在那种情况下,我是被激怒了。 解决 愤怒的最积极的方法是把问题说出来。我说给愿意听的人,或者把我的想法写在纸上。在你 成长的过程中, 学会处理愤怒是非常重要的。 小时候, 你生气的时候可以大喊大叫或者哭闹, 但长大后,你被期望能更好地控制情绪。 现在就学着控制情绪能让你避免做一些可能使你 以后遗憾一生的事情 38 “I Don’t Have to Eat All the Egg.” A lady once wrote a long story. She sent it to a famous editor. After a few weeks the story was returned to her. The lady was angry. She wrote to the editor: &Dear Sir: Yesterday you sent back a story of mine. How do you know that the story is not good? You did not read it. Before I sent you the story, I pasted together pages 18, 19 and 20. This was a test to see whether you would read the story. When the story came back yesterday, the pages were still pasted together. Is this the way you read all the stories that are sent to you?&The editor wrote back: &Dear Madam: At breakfast when I open an egg I don't have to eat all the egg to discover that it is bad.? editor 编辑 paste 用浆糊粘 “我不必吃掉整个鸡蛋。 ”曾经有位女士,她写了一篇很长的小说,并把它寄给了一位著名 的编辑。几周后小说退回来了。女士很生气,她给编辑写了封信。 “尊敬的编辑先生: 昨 天你把我的小说退回来了。你怎么知道这小说不好?你根本没有读过。在寄给你之前,我把 十八、十九和二十页粘在了一起。这是要检查你是否会读我写的小说。昨天小说退回来时, 这三页还粘在一起。难道这就是你阅读所有寄给你的作品的方式吗?” 编辑回信写道: “尊敬的女士: 早餐时我打开一只鸡蛋,我不必等到吃完整个鸡蛋后才发现 蛋是臭的 39 Visiting Shakespeare’s Home 莎士比亚故居之旅 In 1998, when I was working for an export company, I went to England. After finishing my business, which took several days, I went to Stratford, where Shakespeare was born. In Stratford, I visited several sites that are associated with Shakespeare, including the house where he was born, the church where he was buried, and the cottage where his wife's family lived. I wanted to see a play, so I asked at the theatre box office for whatever tickets were available. I got a seat for The Merchant of Venice, which is my favourite play. Afterwards, I waited at the stage door for my favourite actor, who was in the play. I got his autograph and talked to him. It is an experience that I will remember forever. export 出口 associated 有关的,有联系的 bury 埋葬 cottage 村舍 merchant 商人 autograph 亲笔签名 1998 年,我在一个出口公司工作的时候,去了一趟英国。花几天时间干完公务后,我去了 斯特拉特福德,莎士比亚出生的地方。在斯特拉特福德,我参观了几处与莎士比亚有关的场 所,包括他出生时的房子、死后埋葬的教堂以及他妻子的家人居住的村舍。 我想去看一出 戏剧,所以就向剧院售票处询问哪场戏剧有票,结果买到了《威尼斯商人》的票,这是我最 喜欢的戏剧。之后,我在后台入口处等到了剧中我最喜欢的演员。我得到了他的亲笔签名并 和他交谈。这次经历我永远不会忘记。 40 A Thrilling Ride 一次惊心动魄的经历 Bill and Jane were coasting on a hill. Down the hill went the sled. Bill steered. Jane held on tightly. The coasters on the hill watched them. Past trees they whizzed. Jane yelled, &Stop the sled! Stop the sled!?but Bill could not stop it. Suddenly Jane had a feeling that she was a bird in flight. Was she dreaming? She landed in a big pile of snow. Where was Bill? He must have gone all the way13 down the long slide to the end of the hill. Now, Bill came in sight plodding up the hill. Jane laughed as she called to him. They were so glad to be together. The coasters cheered to see them safe. They went home to tell Mother what a thrilling ride they had had. thrilling ride 惊心动魄的经历 coast 滑行,滑下 sled 雪橇 steer 驾驶,掌舵 tightly 紧紧地 coaster 滑雪橇的人 whiz 飕飕作声,发出嘶嘶或呼呼声 flight 飞行 plodding 沉重缓慢的 thrilling 惊心动魄的比尔和简正在山上滑行。他们的雪橇从山上滑下来。比尔驾驶着雪橇。 简紧紧地抓着雪橇。山上滑雪橇的人们看着他们。两旁经过的树发出飕飕的声音。简大声地 叫起来: “停下来!快停下来! ”但是比尔停不下来。 突然, 简感觉自己就像一只小鸟在空中飞翔。 她是在做梦吗?她撞在一个大雪堆上停了下来。 比尔在哪儿?他肯定是沿着长长的滑道一直滑到山下了。就在这时,比尔出现了,他正吃力 地从山下爬上来。简笑着叫他。又能在一起,他们真是太高兴了。看到他们都很安全,其他 滑雪橇的人们欢呼起来。他们回家告诉了妈妈他们的经历是多么惊心动魄啊。 41 Saving the Earth 拯 救 地 球 One day, I went with the group to a nearby river. We wanted to check if it was clean. We did many scientific tests to see if the river was healthy. Surprisingly, it was! We still, though, took any rubbish we could find out of the river. We wanted to make sure fish could live there happily. Recently, I helped the group plant flowers at our school. We're hoping the flowers will bloom this spring and make the school look beautiful. How did we pay for all the plants? We made T-shirts and sold them to our friends! We're still got some money left from selling the T-shirts. We hope to use it to buy some recycling bins for the school. surprisingly 令人惊奇地 bloom (花)开 recycling bin 回收箱 一天,我和小组其他人一起来到附近的一条河边。我们想检查这条河是否干净。我们做了许 多科学实验以测试这条河是否健康。令人惊奇的是,这条河很健康!虽然我们还是从河里捞 起了一些我们可以发现的垃圾。我们想要确保鱼能在这条河里开心地生活。 最近,我和小 组的其他人一起在学校里种了一些花。 我们希望今年春天这些花会开, 把学校装点得更美丽。 我们怎么会有买这些植物的钱呢?我们自己做 T 恤衫,然后卖给我们的朋友!我们还剩余 了一些卖 T 恤衫得来的钱。我们希望可以用这些钱为学校购买一些废物回收箱。 42 Two Goats on the Bridge One day a goat started to cross a little bridge. At that very minute, another goat started out from the other side of the bridge. When they saw one another, they knew that one of them would have to go back. &Go back!?cried the first goat. &Where is no room for you to pass here while I am crossing.&&It is you who must go back!?cried the other goat. &You can start again after I cross over.?The first goat said as he was in the right and would not give way. &We will see!&cried the other goat, and they started to fight. In another minute, the two goats fell into the water. A man who was fishing saw the fight. He laughed as he pulled the goats out of the water. &You see,?said he. &When everyone thinks he is right, something always goes wrong!& goat 羊 give way 让步 两只山羊在桥上 有一天一只山羊开始过一座小桥。 就在同时另一只山羊从桥的另一头开始过桥。 当他们看到 对方时,他们知道他们中的一个必须得退回去。 “回去! ”第一只山羊喊道, “我过桥的时 候没有地方让你过去。 “是你必须回去! ” ”另一只山羊叫道。 “我过去以后你再开始过。 ” 第一只羊说。他觉得自己是对的,所以他不肯让路。 “我们走着瞧! ”另一只山羊喊道,然 后他们开始打起来。 很快,两只羊都掉到了水里。 一个正在钓鱼的人看到了这场争斗。他 笑着把山羊从水里拉了出来。 “你们看, ”他说, “当每个人都觉得自己是正确的时候,就14 一定会出事! ” 43 A Jamaican Girl in Britain 在英国的牙买加女孩 Kelly is from Jamaica. When she went to England with her parents, her aunt Mary met them at Heathrow Airport. Aunt Mary lives in London. She took Kelly and her parents to visit a lot of places in London, like the Tower of London, the British Museum, and Buckingham Palace. Kelly also enjoyed a boat trip on the river Thames. Every day, she went to a different place and saw interesting things. She met some friendly people from different countries and talked with them. She learned a lot about England. She felt very comfortable in London thanks to Aunt Mary. England was the most interesting country she had ever visited. When Kelly left England, she said to Aunt Mary: &I will have a lot of things to tell my friends in Jamaica.&Jamaica 牙买加 palace 宫 殿 凯丽从牙买加来。当她随着父母来到英国时,她的阿姨玛丽在希思罗机场接她们。玛丽阿姨 住在伦敦。她带着凯丽和她的父母游览了伦敦的许多地方,例如伦敦塔、大英博物馆、伯明 翰宫。凯丽也很喜欢泰晤士河上的游船之旅。 每天,凯丽都去不同的地方,参观有趣的东 西。她遇到了从不同国家来的许多友好的人,她与他们交谈。她对英国有了更多的了解。她 在伦敦感到非常舒服自在,这都归功于玛丽阿姨。伦敦是她所去过的最有趣的国家。 当凯丽离开英国时,她对玛丽阿姨说, “我有许多故事要讲给我在牙买加的朋友听 44 Dumplings In China, there are many different kinds of food. Some of them are very popular. Dumplings are real Chinese food.Everyone in China likes dumplings very much, and there are many different kinds of dumplings. Some have meat and vegetables in them and others have sugar, eggs and other tasty things. I like dumplings with vegetables and pork better than any other kind. Usually people make dumplings at home. If you have no time to make them, you can buy them in supermarkets. Then you take them home, heat them up and eat them with vinegar. The Spring Festival is very important in China. During the Spring Festival, we make dumplings. Usually we put a coin in one dumpling. If you eat the dumpling with the coin in it, you will be very lucky in the year. tasty 好吃的 pork 猪肉 vinegar 醋 饺子 在中国,有许多不同的食物,其中一些非常受欢迎。饺子是正宗的中国食物。 在中国每个 人都很喜欢吃饺子。饺子有许多不同的种类。一些饺子包有肉和蔬菜,有些包有糖、蛋和其 他好吃的东西。我最喜欢蔬菜和猪肉馅的饺子。 人们经常在家包饺子。如果没有时间包, 你可以到超市去买,然后把它们带回家,烧熟,蘸着醋吃。 春节是中国非常重要的节日。在春节里我们包饺子。我们经常把一枚硬币放在一个饺子里。 如果你吃到了包有硬币的饺子,那你在来年就有好运气。 45 In a Strange City If you go out by yourself in a strange city, you might get lost. What should you do? How can you find your way? Of course, if you never go out alone, you won't get lost, but you will also miss a lot of good experiences. One thing you can do in case you get lost is take a map along. It might also be a good idea to take a card from your hotel, so you have the hotel's address. If the map doesn's help you, or if you forget to take one, you must ask how to get where you're going. You can ask, for example, &There is Nova Hotel?'or &How do I get to Nova Hotel?&or &Do you know where Nova Hotel is?&Police officers and clerks in shops are often helpful when you ask directions. get lost 迷路 experience 经历 in case 如果,万一 在一个陌生的城市里 如果你在陌生的城市里一个人出去走走, 你可能会迷路。 那你该怎么办呢?你该如何找到路15 呢?当然,如果你从来不独自出门,你不会迷路,但是你将会错过许多很好的经历。 为了 防止迷路,你能做的一件事就是随身携带一份地图。随身带一张酒店的卡片也是个好主意, 这样你就知道酒店的地址了。 如果地图帮不了你, 或者你忘记带地图了, 你必须向他人问路。 例如,你可以问“Nova 酒店在哪里?”或者问“我该怎么走才能到 Nova 酒店?”或者问 “您知道 Nova 酒店在哪里吗?”当你要问路时,警察或商店的店员通常会帮助你。 46 Body Language 身 体 语 言 If you can speak English, you know a lot of English words. You can read, speak and understand. But there is another kind of language you need to know ― the language of the body. All over the world, people &talk?with their hands, with their heads, and with their eyes. When Japanese people meet, they bow. When Indians meet, they put their hands together. When British and American people meet someone for the first time, they shake hands. They do not usually shake hands with people they know well. Women sometimes kiss their women friends, and men kiss women friends (on the cheek only). When a man meets a man friend, he just smiles, and says &Hello? Men do not kiss each other, or hold hands. Even fathers and sons do not often kiss each other. 即使你会说英语,你知道很多英文单词,你会读,会说,能听懂,但还有另外一种语言你需 要了解――那就是身体语言。 在全世界,人们都用他们的手、头和眼睛“说话” 。当日本人 见面时,他们相互鞠躬。印度人见面时他们双手合十。 当英国人和美国人第一次和别人见 面时,他们互相握手。通常,他们不和熟悉的人握手。女人有时亲吻她们的女性朋友,男人 也会亲吻女性朋友(只亲脸颊) 。当男人见到男性朋友时,他只微笑着说声“你好” 。男人之 间不会互相亲吻或牵手。即使是父子之间也不会经常亲吻对方。 47 Little Blue Flower 小 蓝 花 Sky Chief was a brave Indian chief. All his people loved him. He had a little niece, Blue Flower. She looked just like her name. Her eyes were as blue as the sky. Her hair was black and shiny, and it waved in the wind like the tall prairie grass. She could run like a deer, and she loved all the animals of the forest. Blue Flower had a pet fawn. They played in the fields in the warm summer. She made wreaths of daisies for her pet. They had fun in the snow in the cold winter. Sky Chief admired his little niece very much. On cold winter evenings, he told her stories about the stars and how they got in the sky. He told her of the Sun God and the Rain God, too. Little Blue Flower was a very happy girl and she made all the others around her happy as well. chief 酋长,首领 niece 侄女 prairie 大草原,牧场 deer 鹿 pet fawn 宠物小鹿 daisy 雏菊 admire 赞赏,喜欢 天空酋长是一位勇敢的印第安酋长。他的族人都热爱他。他有一个小侄女,叫蓝花。她长得 就像她的名字一样。她的眼睛像天空一样蓝。她的头发又黑又亮,像大草原的草一样在风中 飘动。她能像鹿一样奔跑,她喜欢森林里所有的动物。 蓝花有只宠物小鹿。温暖的夏天, 她们在旷野上玩耍。她帮她的宠物做花冠。寒冷的冬天,她们在雪地里嬉戏。 天空酋长很 喜欢他的小侄女。 在冬天寒冷的夜晚, 他给她讲关于星星和星星怎么上天的故事他还给她讲 太阳神和雨神的故事。 小蓝花是个很快乐的女孩,她还给她身边的人带来了快乐。 48 A Small Shop 小店 Alan Smith and his wife run a small shop in a small town. It sells milk, butter, cheese, eggs and other things. It is open on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday and Saturday, and on Sunday morning, but it is shut on Sunday afternoon and on Monday.Alan goes to some farms on Monday and buys their best butter and cheese and eggs from the farmers, but he buys his milk in the town. Alan and his wife also sell a lot of food. One Saturday a woman came into the shop. She bought some eggs and some butter, and then she said to Alan, &your eggs and your butter are dear today.16 Why are Saturday and Sunday dearer than the other days??Alan smiled and said, &Our food is not dearer on Saturday and Sunday! It is cheaper on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday! 艾伦?史密斯和妻子在一个小镇上经营一家小店。小店里卖牛奶、黄油、干酪、鸡蛋和其他 一些东西。小店星期二、三、四、五、六及星期天上午开业,星期天下午和星期一休息。星 期一,艾伦去一些农场,从农民那里采购质量最好的黄油、干酪和鸡蛋,但牛奶是从镇上采 购来的。艾伦和妻子也出售许多食物。一个星期六,一位妇人来到店里。她买了一些鸡蛋和 黄油,然后她对艾伦说: “今天你的鸡蛋和黄油贵了为什么星期六和星期天的东西要比其他 时候贵呢?” 艾伦笑着说: “我们的食物没有在星期六星期天涨价, 而是在星期二、 三、四、 五降价了! ” 49 Who’s Clever? A university professor made experiments with several kinds of animals. He hoped to know which animal was the cleverest. He found out it was the monkey. In one experiment the professor put a monkey in a room with several small boxes. Some boxes were inside other boxes. One small box had some food inside it. The professor wanted to watch the monkey and find out how long it would take the monkey to find the food.The professor left the room. He waited a few minutes outside the door. Then he kneeled down and put his eye to the keyhole. What did he see? To his surprise he found himself looking directly into the eyes of the monkey. The monkey was on the other side of the door, looking at the professor through the keyhole. professor 教授 experiment 实验 kneel 跪下 keyhole 锁眼 directly 直接地,径直地 谁更聪明? 一位大学教授用好几种动物做实验。他希望知道哪种动物最聪明。他发现最聪明的是猴子。 在一次实验中, 教授把一只猴子和几个小盒子放在一个房间里。 一些盒子套在另一些盒子里。 一个小盒子里有食物。教授想观察子,看它需花多长时间才能找到食物。 教授离开房间, 在门外等了几分钟,然后跪下来把一只眼睛对准锁眼。他看到了什么?他惊奇地发现,自己 正好看到猴子的眼睛。猴子在门的另一面,正从锁眼里看教授呢。 50 At the Zoo David's family visited the zoo on Sunday. They paid five dollars for the family ticket at the gate. And then they joined the crowds flocking toward the cages. &We must watch the big animals first,?said the father. &Feeding time is three o'lock.?&Let's look at the birds first,?said Susan. &Some of the parrots can talk very well.?Soon they came to the birdhouse, and the first bird they saw was talking. Then they moved through the house, and came to a lake. David said, &Those big white birds in the water have such long necks. Look how gracefully they swim.In the next house, a great roar told them that they had been lucky enough to arrive at feeding time. As they went in, they saw tigers and lions were howling because they were hungry. &We'll see how they eat,?said father. cage 笼子 flock 聚集成群 feeding 给食的,饲用的 parrot 鹦鹉 gracefully 温文地,优雅地 howl 嚎叫,怒吼 在 动 物 园 大卫一家周日去了动物园。在大门口,他们一家付了五美元的门票钱。然后,他们加入了涌 向笼舍的人群。 “我们一定要先看大的动物, ”父亲说, “喂食的时间是三点。 “我们先看 ” 鸟吧。 ”苏珊说, “有些鹦鹉说话说得很好。 ”很快,他们来到了鸟舍,他们看到的第一只鸟 正在说话。接着,他们穿过屋子,来到了一个湖边。大卫说: “水里那些白色的大鸟有那么 长的脖子。看,他们游泳游得多么优雅啊。 在第二座屋子里,巨大的吼叫声告诉他们,他 ” 们很幸运,能在喂食时间到达这里。他们进去时,看到老虎和狮子因为饿了正在吼叫。 “我17 们来看看他们是怎么吃东西的。 ”父亲说 51 A Duck and a Shop Clerk A duck walked into a store and asked the clerk, &Do you have any grapes?The clerk said no, and the duck left. The next day, the duck returned and asked, &Do you have any grapes?&The clerk again said no, and the duck left. The day after that, the duck walked into the store again and asked &Do you have any grapes?&The clerk shouted at the duck, &You've come in here the past two days and asked if we had any grapes. I told you every time that we don's have any grapes! If you come back in here again, and ask for grapes, I'll nail your webbed feet to the floor!!&The duck left, and returned the next day. This time he asked, &Do you have any nails??The clerk replied, &No,&and the duck said, &Good! Got any grapes?webbed 有蹼的 鸭子和店员 一只鸭子走进商店,他问店员: “有葡萄吗?”店员说没有,鸭子离开了。第二天,鸭子又 回来问: “有葡萄吗?”店员再次说没有,鸭子又离开了。再后一天,鸭子又走进商店问: “有葡萄吗?”店员对着鸭子大叫: “过去的两天你都到这里来问有没有葡萄。我每次都告 诉你我们这里没有葡萄。要是你以后再来问有没有葡萄,我就把你的脚蹼钉在地板上! ”鸭 子离开了,但是第二天他又来了。这次他问: “有钉子吗?”店员回答: “没有。 ”鸭子说: “太好了!那有葡萄吗? 52 Dream 梦 想 Billy is twelve years old. One day his father gave him fifty pence. There is a big tree in Billy's garden. He climbed it and sat in it. He likes that place in the tree very much. Then Billy looked at his money and said, &I'm going to go to the market tomorrow, and I'm going to buy some seeds with this money. Then I'm going to plant them under this tree. I'm going to have a lot of flowers and fruit and plants, and I'm going to sell them. A lot of people are going to come to my garden every day, and they're going to buy my nice flowers and fruit and plants, and in the end I'm really going to have a lot of money. Then I'm going to grow up and go to university, and I'm going to be a doctor. pence (penny 的复数) 便士, (美)分 in the end 最后,终于比利十二岁了。一天,他父 亲给了他五十便士。比利家的花园里有一棵大树。他爬上大树,坐在上面。他非常喜欢树上 的这个地方。 比利看着他的钱,说: “我明天会去市场,我要用这些钱买一些种子。然后把 它们种在这棵树下。我会有许许多多的花,还有水果,还有树,我会把它们卖了。每天都会 有好多好多的人来我的花园, 他们会买走我漂亮的花、 水果还有树, 最后我会有很多很多钱。 我长大以后要上大学,我要成为一名医生 53 Dreams by Langston Hughes Hold fast to dreams For if dreams die Life is a broken winged bird That can not fly. Hold fast to dreams For when dreams go Life is a barren field Frozen with snow . fast 紧紧地 winged 有翅膀的 barren 贫瘠的 frozen 冻结的,冰冷的 梦想 (朗斯顿?休斯) 紧紧抓住梦想, 梦想若是消亡, 生命就像鸟儿折了翅膀, 再也不能飞翔。 紧紧抓住梦想, 梦想若是消丧, 生命就像贫瘠的荒野, 雪覆冰封,万物不再生长 54 Growing Tomatoes &I'll tell you how to grow tomatoes, Jerry,?said Mrs. Hawkins. &First dig up an area in a sunny spot in your yard. Mix in manure or compost to enrich the soil.?&When the danger of frost is past, which is about the first of April in this part of the country, I buy eight tomato plants from a nursery.18 That's enough for my husband and myself. You will probably want to buy twelve plants for your family.&Lay out the plants in their cardboard container about 18 to 20 inches apart. Dig a hole deep enough to cover each pot, put the pot in the hole, cover it with soil, and pat the earth down firmly. Then pound in 4 to 5 foot long stakes next to each plant. Water the plants well. By the middle of July you should begin to have ripe tomatoes to eat. spot 地点 manure 肥料 compost 混合肥料 nursery 苗圃 cardboard 纸板 container 容器(箱、盆、罐等)apart 分离 stake 树桩 ripe 熟的,成熟的 种西红柿 “杰瑞,我来告诉你怎么种西红柿。 ”霍金斯太太说, “先在你院子里阳光充足的地方开垦一 块地。把肥料或混合肥料混在土里使土壤肥沃。 “霜冻的危险过去后,在这个地区大约是 ” 在四月一日左右,我从苗圃买八棵西红柿苗。这对我和我丈夫来说足够了。你可能要给你家 买十二棵。 “把苗放在它们的硬纸罐里,间隔大约十八到二十英寸。挖个洞,要足够深, ” 能盖住每个罐子,把罐子放进洞里,用土盖住,把土往下拍结实。然后把四到五英尺的树桩 埋在每棵苗旁边。给苗浇足水。等到七月中旬,你就应该有成熟的西红柿吃了。 ” 55 What’s the Hurry? Here’s Your Hat! I have a friend who has a large police dog called Jack. Police dogs are often very intelligent. Every Sunday afternoon my friend takes Jack for a long walk in the park. Jack likes these long walks in the park very much. One Sunday afternoon a young man came to visit my friend. He stayed a long time. He talked and talked. Soon it was time for my friend to take Jack for his walk. But the visitor still stayed. Jack became very worried about his walk in the park. He walked around the room several times and then sat down directly in front of the visitor and looked at him. But the visitor paid no attention. He continued talking. Finally Jack could stand it no longer. He went out of the room and came back a few minutes later. He sat down again in front of the visitor but this time he held the visitor's hat in his mouth. 急什么呀?给你的帽子! 我有个朋友,他有只叫做杰克的大警犬。警犬一般都很聪明。每个周日下午,我的朋友都要 带杰克到公园里遛很长的路。杰克非常喜欢公园里这种长距离的散步。 一个周日下午,有 个年轻人去拜访我的朋友。他呆了很长时间,聊了又聊。很快,我的朋友带杰克遛弯的时间 到了。但客人还不走。杰克很担心公园散步不能成行。它围着房间转了好几圈,然后径直坐 在客人的面前看着他。 但是客人没有注意到。他继续喋喋不休地说个不停。最后,杰克再 也无法忍受了。它跑出房间,几分钟后又跑了回来。它又在客人面前坐了下来,不过这次它 嘴里叼着客人的帽子。 56 Farewell to Friends Wang Lin was a Chinese boy. When he was eight years old, he went to Australia with his parents because his father had to work there. They lived in a town near Sydney. He went to a school near Sydney. His Australian teachers and students were very kind to him, and they became good friends.When Wang Lin was twelve, his father said, &We have to go back to China next

我要回帖

更多关于 放置江湖毒药攻略 的文章

随机推荐