Includes 13 Steam Achievements
Title: World of Diving
Genre: , , ,
Developer:
Publisher:
Release Date: 26 Aug, 2014
What the developers have to say:
Why Early Access?
&World of Diving is first launched on Steam as an Early Access game, and we're sometimes asked for our reasons. It's simple: We are not making this game for just us (although it sometimes feels that way!) but for you, our community. By involving you in the development process from early on, we hope to bring you the game that you won't be able to put down. Also: bugs. ;)&
Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?
&At the moment, we're not quite sure as to how long we will keep World of Diving in Early Access. A lot depends on your feedback and the wishes of the community. There is no official release date yet.&
How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?
&Upon launch, the full game will have more features, more content, hopefully a boasting community full of happy players to meet in-game, and lots and lots of awesome user-generated content... and -) - less bugs than the Early Access version. Some concrete examples are the ability to invite your friends in multiplayer, salvaging, improved player progression, and animal companions.&
What is the current state of the Early Access version?
&The current state of the Early Access version is pre-alpha. As mentioned above, we're still implementing some cool features for you guys and even better - you can help decide which features are introduced first through community polls.&
Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?
&Yes, for sure. We're more than happy to reward you if you're willing to accept our bugs! You'll save some money, as the full game at launch will be a little more expensive. Details to follow soon.&
How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
&You'll have a vote on our upcoming feature development through community polls and by participating in our lively, resourceful forums.
To see our current production schedule in real time .&
Buy World Of Diving
Buy World of Diving - Four Pack
Includes four copies of the game - send the extra copies to your friends
Recent updates
We hope you are enjoying the recent updates to World of Diving. There were a lot of changes in the last update, and while we do our best to test all of these changes, some problems might still arise after a new build is live. This update is primarily focused on improving stability and fixing bugs.
We really appreciate all of the feedback we get from you guys. This feedback helped us a lot in identifying some of the problematic parts of the game (ex. not being able to interact with objects with your right hand while you have the tablet equipped in your left while using a Vive).
New Feature: You can now print a 3D model of your in-game character and have it shipped to your front door through our partnership with Eucl3D. These models are available in three sizes and can be ordered directly from the customization screens in the game.
The complete list of changes:
- Ray now looks at you when you are close to him
- You can now interact with objects with your right hand while the tablet is equipped in your left on the Vive
- You now run faster on land
- Air no longer depletes while the tablet is opened (except for the photo camera view)
- Improved performance so all areas are now rendering at 90 FPS on VR on an Oculus minimum spec PC
- Created a new quality level 'VR minimum spec' which is configured so you get 90FPS on VR on an Oculus minimum spec PC
- Texts like the 'Leaving the area' message are now displayed in world space instead of being stuck to your head in VR
- The player nameplates are now displayed in world space instead of at a depth that was right in front of you in VR
- The inflator is now more to the side in VR
- There is now a fade to black after loading
- You can now also skip the splash screens with the Xbox controller B button
- The Vive now has its own control scheme image
- You now see other player's tablets on photographs you made
- Going one level up in the Oceanopedia now selects the item you previously had selected
- Pressing back or escape in the 'view picture' mode now takes you to 'take picture' mode
- Increased the size of the Xbox controller back icon
- Some sequential settings now cycle
- Fixed linking to
- Fixed a memory leak while the Oceanopedia was open
- Fixed a bug where opening the tablet for the first time displayed a message about keeping the current settings
- Fixed a bug where typing 'w' or 's' in the account link screen caused another text box to be focused
- Fixed a bug where the mission bubble showed the interaction help when you couldn't start the mission
- Fixed a bug where a photo would be taken while clicking a tool in the tool selection while the photo camera was equipped
- Fixed a bug where some message boxes could not be closed with the escape button
- Fixed a bug where the first button of message boxes would not always be focused
- Fixed a bug where the captured photo displayed in the game was too bright
- Fixed a bug where you could not use fast swim when the fast swim setting was configured as 'toggle' and you were playing with a gamepad
- Fixed a bug where a part of the tablet interface was visible in the loading screen
- Fixed a bug where the loading screen did not take account the roll of the player, causing the loading screen to visually rotate slightly
- Fixed a bug where the loading screen position lagged behind the camera position
- Fixed a bug where the disclaimer was displayed in the main menu when coming back from a level
- Fixed a bug where the new under water color extraction effect showed a seam at the horizon when the flash light was on
- Fixed the low pass audio filter when going under water
- 3D printed models of your characters are available for order in game
The new WoD version is live. There have been a lot of changes (and a lot of time..) since the previous version.
We have made some really big improvements performance wise. All levels are now running at a solid 90fps on an Oculus mininum spec PC in VR mode.
For this, almost all art has seen a complete overhaul which you will be able to see once we put the new build live today.
Additionally, the following major changes can be found in this update:
- A complete re-do of fish rendering
- Fish AI improvements
- Tablet for most interface interaction
- Story-mode which guides you through the game
- HTC Vive & Oculus CV1 support
- New fish density setting
You can find more information about the changes in the devblog below.
Let us know what you think!
Report bugs and leave feedback for this game on the discussion boards
“World of Diving with Oculus Rift is a real treasure”
“Such wonderful things surround you”
“This is the fu the act of exploring a new environment was quietly joyful”
About This Game
An uncharted world awaits.
World of Diving is the VR-enabled online diving game that brings you an exhilarating multiplayer diving adventure, all without getting wet. access the game via Early Access and start playing straight away!
World of Diving enables you… to freely explore the ocean and make progress through exciting challenges:
Interact with the amazing sea life.
Compete against your fellow divers.
Discover the sunken remains of history.
Collect and salvage ancient treasure.
As a diver… you can be a contributing member of an active community:
You design, create and share your own content.
You influence the development of new features.
Your positive activity is rewarded with unique content and special privileges.
Customize everything
Your personal diving base
Invite your friends in multiplayer.
Unlock your next diving missions.
System Requirements
SteamOS + Linux
Minimum:
Processor: Dual Core
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: pixel shader 3.0 compatible
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Storage: 7 GB available space
Recommended:
Processor: Intel i5-4590 equivalent or greater
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD equivalent or greater
DirectX: Version 11
Minimum:
Recommended:
Processor: i7 or equivalent
Memory: 4 MB RAM
Minimum:
Recommended:
Processor: i7 or equivalent
Memory: 4 GB RAM
More like this
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
Loading reviews...
(14 reviews)
(435 reviews)
Early Access Review
This is great. I just started and I'm already addicted. Being a PADI Open Water Instructor, I get the feeling of actually visiting the world I know and love. There was very realistic expereinces. While still being a game, it does have some attributes to teach players that may become interested in the sport.
Early Access Review
the game is dead, dont bother.
Early Access Review
game kinda sucks ...listen i have a gtx 1080 intel 5930 with 64 gigs ram and it still jitters and runs like crap ....so sad potential was great ... but game was epic fail ... i want to get a refund
Early Access Review
Strictly for HTC Vive VR use. It's a pretty decent VR experience. Considering that Subnautica is currently only for Oculus and has issues working via Revive, WoD is currently the better underwater experience for HTC Vive. The game itself is a little tedious, but as means to experience underwater VR gaming, I'd say it's the best choice. Everything ran smoothly with my GTX 980 cards (I now have GTX 1080 cards) and didn't run into any issues. It's still being improved, so it'll be good to see how World of Diving improves.
Early Access Review
I find this game very good, excellent immersion! Im a scuba diver and this is as close as you can get without getting wet :)Also its a quite unique game, in my opinion its a must have game, especially if you have VR :)
Early Access Review
Best refund of my life!
Early Access Review
Every time I try this game for my Vive, the performance just blows.
Even on a Geforce GTX 1070.
Developers- it's not a VR game if it's a slide show even on a high end card!
Early Access Review
Early Access Review
The project is alive.
Early Access Review
Stoked to get a glimpse at the future of VR & its potential in a broader sense. So much to see, so many possibilities, right at your finger tips. Or eye balls. W)With the choice Vertigo made to explore diving, a brand new world is opened up to you. The depth of the ocean becomes a lot less intimidating without water pressure on your head & lungs, and the risk of running out of oxygen. ...though, I'm sure witnessing bitey ocean critters would still scare me personally ????????, if I get there.I'm pretty sensitive to VR-induced nausea so I can't play for long stretches at a time, but I'm glad I can enjoy it occasionally!Plus, when I got distracted by a phone call for a minute or two, the elevator music at the surface didn't ma) (Aka: The environmental/ambient sounds in general are pretty great!)
Early Access Review
This is great. I just started and I'm already addicted. Being a PADI Open Water Instructor, I get the feeling of actually visiting the world I know and love. There was very realistic expereinces. While still being a game, it does have some attributes to teach players that may become interested in the sport.
Was this review helpful?
Early Access Review
I find this game very good, excellent immersion! Im a scuba diver and this is as close as you can get without getting wet :)Also its a quite unique game, in my opinion its a must have game, especially if you have VR :)
Was this review helpful?
Early Access Review
Strictly for HTC Vive VR use. It's a pretty decent VR experience. Considering that Subnautica is currently only for Oculus and has issues working via Revive, WoD is currently the better underwater experience for HTC Vive. The game itself is a little tedious, but as means to experience underwater VR gaming, I'd say it's the best choice. Everything ran smoothly with my GTX 980 cards (I now have GTX 1080 cards) and didn't run into any issues. It's still being improved, so it'll be good to see how World of Diving improves.
Was this review helpful?
Early Access Review
Was this review helpful?
9 people found this review funny
Early Access Review
I generally don't write negative reviews unless something is truly amiss.
DISCLAIMER: THIS IS MORE OF A CONSUMER WARNING THAN A REVIEW. One view of the forums or the recent reviews will tell you everything you need to know.
Vertigo Games has been abusing the Early Access Program to build a game on the backs of duped early adopters. What they promised years ago was to deliver a randomly generated, open world diving simulator with unparalleled realism, graphics, and gameplay.
What they have delivered over the past couple of years is a completely unstable, unplayable fantasy game with built-in monetization and in-game purchases, with small and broken maps.
Their screenshots DO NOT match the actual gameplay.
When the game used to work, it was a multiplayer gameplay clone of Depth Hunter 2: Deep Drive, a decent if barren clone.
Starting in November 2014, World of Diving has become the culmination of false promises of progress, game-breaking bugs, eye-splitting visual glitches, dysfunctional online servers (used for authentication and multiplayer), a failed and forced migration to Unity 5, and a game with a backward-moving progress bar...all which make for a very angry user community.
But alas, you can help!
They request additional cash donations on their website in return for future updates.
To add insult to injury, updates are so broken, you are sometimes forced to redownload the previous (and still broken) version.
Each update is roughly 2GB in size.
Each is released with &new features& that no one asked for or wanted, and introduces new glitches while none of the on-going game-breaking bugs seem to get fixed.
There is something called Quality Assurance and Testing, which shouldn't be confused with a Beta Community. It's all very frustrating.
So this kind of business practice doesn't work for very long, and word has gotten out.
Now, this multiplayer game has literally nigh zero players, new or old (
), the money stream has run dry, and Vertigo Games has already repurposed many of their developers to work on other projects.
In the summer of 2015, after years of retail availability as a playable and ever-improving Beta, Vertigo Games demoted World of Diving from Beta to Alpha on the Official World of Diving Website (with no communication about that on Steam).
It has become that broken now.After over a year on Steam, in an endless spiral of worse update after worse update, it's amazing that this kind of baitware can still be sold to new, unsuspecting consumers. How Vertigo Games goes about their business is atrocious and offencive, and they should all be very ashamed of taking advantage of their early adopters and taking thousands of dollars in &donations& for false deliverables, and finally, for providing such a HORRIBLE Early Access experience.STAY AWAY FROM THIS GAME/DEVELOPER AND WARN YOUR FRIENDS.
I ask that you please rate this up.
Was this review helpful?
Early Access Review
*****Sharks will not attack you***********************************************Update 10/30The developers have added some much needed structure. There are now several types of challenges that renew each day as well as the addition of a metal detector that guides you to collectible coins which can be used to purchase various cosmetic additions like diving suites, watches, etc. The daily challenges range from relaxing to frustrating. You’re told to take a picture of an object or group of fish and given some vague idea of where the thing is located. Some aren't timed which is nice, but the other side of that is the find a hidden object missions. In some cases I had to replay those missions over and over because I couldn't find a tea pot wedged in some obscure corner of the map (though you can kind of cheat if you know how).The collectibles (which also include hidden pearls) and challenges give you a solid reason to explore every corner of each environment. There are even community missions and an editor to create your own. So far this a great looking game that keeps getting better and better. Original review below.*****************************************I pre-ordered this from their website so my play time has been almost entirely outside of steam. Would I reccommend this? Yes. It's a work of passion that deserves the following it needs to bring to all of its ideas to life. That being said I would like to offer a word of caution only so that people know that they're buying into now and don't potentially complain in the reviews.In it's current state there isn't much to do beyond dive in the available areas and simply explore. Each area has a wreck that you can swim around (or inside) and each map is reasonable big, but that's about it. There is a daily mini game you can play where you have to find an object within a time limit, but the game basically tells you where it is so it will last 2 minutes max. You can clip directly through fish and plants, and you can't manually change your orientation. So no swimming upside down. There are microtransactions, but they're purely cosmetic and don't at all lock off any meaningful content.To sum it up: In its current state it's more a virtual museum than anything. That aside the game looks great. It has full controller support and the multiplayer works really well. I personally find it both thrilling and tense to swim around the detailed enviroments and you can even tread on the surface. You can also take pictures of anything you like and save them to your hardrive.This is a very cool game and a work of love, but very much Early Access. Given time I have no doubt it will be amazing!P.S. Rift Supprt
Was this review helpful?
1 person found this review funny
Early Access Review
Ive had this game since it was released and put just over 16 hours into it which isnt much compared to othersbut enough all the same.WoD had potential and was very exciting in its early stages as the dev's seemed quite active and showed that they wanted to add more content to this game..Fast forward 2 years thereabouts and sadly this game seems to have died, the devs barely update it and as many other reviews have stated when they do its with minimal content and with little to no fixing of previous bugs and problems.This saddens me alot as i love the ocean and anything underwater based (Insert high reccomendation for Subnautica here)As stated this game had potential to be something great.. something unique but we have all been let down.I hate to post negative reviews but this game gets it.Unless now in 2016, Vertigo Games decides to fire up and fix this game and add new content as they promised earlier then this game gets a big thumbs down from me.Honestly dont bother with it, as good as it may look in the pictures and the videosSave your money!Buy Subnautica if you want an amazing underwater &alien world& game
Was this review helpful?
2 people found this review funny
Early Access Review
I bought this game last december, at the same time I bought Subnautica. I usually wait a year to review early access games. Thats the amount of time I think is fair unless I find the actions of a developer particularly frustrating and/or disgusting.Back then Subnautica had so little content there wasn't even a save feature. This game had content, and I thoroughly enjoyed exploring the Bismarck, but there were a few areas that said &this area isnt available yet& because it was still in development.I didn't touch this game for nearly a year and just recently reinstalled it. Low and behold, there's nothing new besides a map with visual fidelity far, FAR worse than the others, and those undeveloped areas are still off limits.Meanwhile look at Subnautica. The amount of content added in just a year is staggering.As far as I'm concerned this game is abandoned. I was able to ignore the always online, the microtransactions. The stupid XP system, and the lack of content because its early access. But it's been almost a year and there's basically nothing to show for it. I LOVE diving. I love the ocean. I love sailing. I love everything water themed. But this game is a pile of ????. To sum it all up:Almost no noteable changes.Pathetic options menu (you cant even turn off the in game music to play your own)You can see everything there is to see in about 2-3 hours.You can customize your character, but expect to either need to play the game every day and grind for dozens of hours, or purchase microtransactions.Graphics seemed to have downgraded since the last time I played.Nothing to really do, levels are boring, tiny and incomplete, and missions are laughable.The 30 or so minutes I played checking up on this game I spent wondering what could have been. The Bismarck alone could support a dozen hours of exploration, salvage and history. And it's really sad that this didnt get explored, and there seems to be no intention of it.If you love the ocean and exploration as much as me then get Sunless Sea/Subnautica instead. Don't waste money on this.UPDATE 3/5/2016No devblogs or update in monthsSeems they've finally stopped pretending. No new developer blogs of ?????? photoshop renders that will never be added.
Was this review helpful?
Early Access Review
NO GUNS ,NO DEATH just a chilled out diving game.if you like underwater stuff and friendly sharks then buy this game.GREAT GAME.......Just come back to this after 10 months of not playing it and i have to say its looking very good. Please Devs keep up the good work.High hopes for this one.
Was this review helpful?
Early Access Review
Do not buy this game. After playing 67.2 hours and following the game for 1.6 years I can say it’s nothing but a glitchy almost unplayable mess, that is assuming you can actually get into the broken game server. Features are being dropped left and right with updates containing little to no content other than cosmetic fluff for the microtransation store.
The game looks nothing like the trailers used to sell the game, from the world and all of its inhabitants being static, to the removal of game features that to this day are still advertised on the games main gallery.
The devs have been promising from the beginning that things will get better but they never do and when asked about it they either ignore and continue as they were or make some hollow apology and promise it will change.Your gameplay options are limited to exploring 8 small levels who aside from the river all look exactly the same except a central ship wreck which most remain unfinished. You can also take pictures and go on photo hunt which after the play though has already been mastered, the models appear in the same exact places…. And that’s it. The game was originally going to include a spear gun but was removed when a select few people on the forum whined that they didn’t like it, so the devs decided to silently remove it without a community vote and as mentioned previously is still used to this day to advertise the features of this game. This game has nothing to show for its 2 years of development.
the devs too preoccupied with working on their other games when not just cramming more of the exact same cookie cutter content into “new” levels, 8 whole levels of the exact same models and gameplay with nothing new in sight for the foreseeable future as the recently posted road map for the game is just 8 months of bug fixes and art with no radical changes or updates to gameplay or the lack there of, oh and that they will start porting the game to Xbox in December.
It’s just a matter of time till the devs incompetence finally kills the project altogether. TLDR buy subnautica instead. And maybe come back in 3 years to see what progress the game has made. If it’s not dead by then.
Was this review helpful?
You can use this widget-maker to generate a bit of HTML that can be embedded in your website to easily allow customers to purchase this game on Steam.
There is more than one way to buy this game. Please select a specific package to create a widget for:
World Of Diving
World of Diving - Four Pack
Enter up to 375 characters to add a description to your widget:
Copy and paste the HTML below into your website to make the above widget appear
Share:& & &
VAT included in all prices where applicable.&&
View mobile website

我要回帖

更多关于 world of diving 下载 的文章

随机推荐